The Student Room Group

Is this beta?

Is it beta if you are bisexual with a large preference for women but go for men because women are too difficult? I'm 23 and have had zero success with women, totally gave up 2 years ago and decided to go fully gay. Don't miss having to deal with women but I have always felt like a failure.

Scroll to see replies

1) don't throw that word around, it's not nice.
2) do you consider yourself bi or completely camp?
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
1) don't throw that word around, it's not nice.
2) do you consider yourself bi or completely camp?

Seriously? People get triggered if you say "beta" now? It's not even an identity? It has always been an insult and nothing more
Bi. I like women way more than I do men. I do like some "camp" things such as skincare and my hair
Reply 3
I've only seen 'Beta' as an insult on TSR. Nowhere else, ever haha
Reply 4
Not if you're open about your gay side with them.
To be honest you could have some slick alpha game going on but if a girl gets wind that you're smashing guys on the side then she's going to get turned off pretty quick.

All the bi guys I know are heavily leaning towards men rather than women, and the women they do get with are extremely low value females.
It isn't that women are particularly hard, it's just men are super easy. Get some game and you'll be fine.
Reply 5
Original post by Jebedee
Women are easy.

For you maybe.
Original post by yelloww
I've only seen 'Beta' as an insult on TSR. Nowhere else, ever haha

Beta is used all over the internet, not only here.
Original post by SeamanDemon

The first time I've ever saw beta in an insult context was TSR. I've always thought of beta as the radioactivity stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
For you maybe.

We're all just sacks of bones and blood dude. Most of our differences are all in our head.
Man just pick up semi decent looking drunk girls.
Reply 10
Original post by SeamanDemon

Fantastic, but like I said, I've only seen it as in insult on TSR and nowhere else.
Original post by Jebedee
We're all just sacks of bones and blood dude. Most of our differences are all in our head.

Yep all the years of total rejection was all in my head. I'm as attractive to women as you are despite the many years of evidence proving otherwise.

Original post by yelloww
Fantastic, but like I said, I've only seen it as in insult on TSR and nowhere else.

Maybe this is the only nerd site you browse. "beta" is one of the most heavily used insults on places such as 4chan
Yep all the years of total rejection was all in my head. I'm as attractive to women as you are despite the many years of evidence proving otherwise.

Everyone gets rejection, this has been discussed on other threads but the road to success is learning how to deal with rejection.
Original post by KingAuthor
The first time I've ever saw beta in an insult context was TSR. I've always thought of beta as the radioactivity stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There is even a chart for male social hiearchy
Oh lmao I'd think myself as gamma positive, however it's against gamma positive to say that. Hmm, paradox much?
Original post by Jebedee
Everyone gets rejection, this has been discussed on other threads but the road to success is learning how to deal with rejection.

Why does everyone refuse to accept that some people are unattractive? If everyone were attractive then there would be no such thing as attractiveness in the first place. I'm sick of this "If I can do it so can you" retarded attitude. It has nothing to do with dealing with rejection it's about never ever succeeding. If someone has solidly tried to get a gf their whole life and hasn't succeeded once by 23 you have you're head int he sand if you think there is no problem.

Original post by Foo.mp3
Not necessarily no e.g. one can quit on something in a rational way e.g. to save time/wasted effort without necessarily being beta, and some homosexuals have 'alpha' qualities. If this quitting/lack of fortune relates to being a bit limp/weak willed, however, then yes ofc, but naturally that leap of logic is suppositional and one may not reasonably arbitrarily infer this from your OP alone :judge:

It is totally rational. being an autistic male in the straight dating game largely a total waste of time. Spare my your anecdotes of that married autistic guy you know, I can give you twice as many anecdotes of autistic people I know of that are over 40 and have never had a girlfriend what with all the autism clubs I've been in. Stats show that only 10% of autistic males ever marry. The fact of the matter is that being quiet, non-assertive, unsociable and socially awkward is exactly what turns off women. I tried to get a girlfriend at school - ignored. I tried to get a girlfriend at sixth form - ignored. I tried to get a girlfriend at university - ignored, I went to ANOTHER university and tried to get a girlfriend - ignored. So that's four separate establishments over 10 years that I spoke to women and I wasn't successful once. This is why i get pissed off with "you just need to try harder bro" What the **** else can I do? I approach women, I ask to hang out with them, I ask for their number, I've asked people I know to hook me up with girls, I've joined dating sites (I sent 400 ****ing messages on OK Cupid and Plenty of Fish) I've done everything. The fact of the matter is women see me as a creep to be avoided. Now I quit whining eventually and just said **** it I'm not going to bother anymore and society is still shaming me now for "quitting" when before I was being shamed for complaining. Well **** you all I don't want to play anymore and you can't make me.

Original post by KingAuthor
Oh lmao I'd think myself as gamma positive, however it's against gamma positive to say that. Hmm, paradox much?

LMAO I remember when this was posted on 4chan, literally every single person identified as Gamma Positive. I hate to break it to you but it's just a cop out from admitting that you're really a beta. Gamma Positive is the only category where you can claim to have "chosen" to be a loner because you're "too intellectual" but the reality is you probably would prefer a better social life and you don't really achieve anything particularly astounding during your spare time. Someone like Tesla would be a Gamma Positive but not you or me I'm afraid.
Why does everyone refuse to accept that some people are unattractive? If everyone were attractive then there would be no such thing as attractiveness in the first place. I'm sick of this "If I can do it so can you" retarded attitude. It has nothing to do with dealing with rejection it's about never ever succeeding. If someone has solidly tried to get a gf their whole life and hasn't succeeded once by 23 you have you're head int he sand if you think there is no problem.

It's the same difference as working hard and working smart. You may have been trying all this time but you're trying to do it the wrong way, so it doesn't matter how long you try the wrong way, you still won't get anywhere. Some people's ego is too large to accept the problem is with themselves and some people learn, some in their twenties and others not until their mid forties.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
Original post by Jebedee
It's the same difference as working hard and working smart. You may have been trying all this time but you're trying to do it the wrong way, so it doesn't matter how long you try the wrong way, you still won't get anywhere. Some people's ego is too large to accept the problem is with themselves and some people learn, some in their twenties and others not until their mid forties.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

Dude you're talking to empty space, I went gay years ago. No intention of going back to women.
Dude you're talking to empty space, I went gay years ago. No intention of going back to women.

My point applies to everyone and I was disagreeing with your previous post.

It is totally rational. being an autistic male in the straight dating game largely a total waste of time. Spare my your anecdotes of that married autistic guy you know, I can give you twice as many anecdotes of autistic people I know of that are over 40 and have never had a girlfriend what with all the autism clubs I've been in. Stats show that only 10% of autistic males ever marry. The fact of the matter is that being quiet, non-assertive, unsociable and socially awkward is exactly what turns off women. I tried to get a girlfriend at school - ignored. I tried to get a girlfriend at sixth form - ignored. I tried to get a girlfriend at university - ignored, I went to ANOTHER university and tried to get a girlfriend - ignored. So that's four separate establishments over 10 years that I spoke to women and I wasn't successful once. This is why i get pissed off with "you just need to try harder bro" What the **** else can I do? I approach women, I ask to hang out with them, I ask for their number, I've asked people I know to hook me up with girls, I've joined dating sites (I sent 400 ****ing messages on OK Cupid and Plenty of Fish) I've done everything. The fact of the matter is women see me as a creep to be avoided. Now I quit whining eventually and just said **** it I'm not going to bother anymore and society is still shaming me now for "quitting" when before I was being shamed for complaining. Well **** you all I don't want to play anymore and you can't make me.

LMAO I remember when this was posted on 4chan, literally every single person identified as Gamma Positive. I hate to break it to you but it's just a cop out from admitting that you're really a beta. Gamma Positive is the only category where you can claim to have "chosen" to be a loner because you're "too intellectual" but the reality is you probably would prefer a better social life and you don't really achieve anything particularly astounding during your spare time. Someone like Tesla would be a Gamma Positive but not you or me I'm afraid.

Darn that's a shame lol

Quick Reply