Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have just applied for alevels and I don't know what option choices would be better.I am better at essay based subjects than maths/science subjects.I got A*'s in English,rs and history at GCSE and B's in everything else.
    I am thinking about these 2 subject combinations:
    1) history,English literature,ethics and philosophy and (psychology/English language/business studies)
    2) theatre studies,english literature,business studies and psychology

In the future I want to do either business at university or English literature with something else. Also I really enjoy drama but I am not the best at it so I am worried I would do better in another subject- is theatre studies really hard?

Many thanks!

(Original post by annaw.16)
    Hello,

I have just applied for alevels and I don't know what option choices would be better.I am better at essay based subjects than maths/science subjects.I got A*'s in English,rs and history at GCSE and B's in everything else.
    1) history,English literature,ethics and philosophy and (psychology/English language/business studies)

In the future I want to do either business at university or English literature with something else. Also I really enjoy drama but I am not the best at it so I am worried I would do better in another subject- is theatre studies really hard?

Many thanks!
    Does your sixth form not offer business at a level?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    Does your sixth form not offer business at a level?
    Yes it does

Yes it does
    Then I would advise doing that based on what you said

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

Many thanks!
    English Literature is good for essays, I have just done AS Lit in Y12 and came out with a C with 8 marks to a B. Coursework is easy and exam once you get your head round it. Just depends if you prepared for lots of reading, because if AQA exam board you have to read 9-12 books over a year so your heavily prepared for the exam. There are 2 books for coursework with a question i.e. mine was motherhood in prose and drama and then you have to read 3 more to link with it. The rest you have to source yourself and use them as quotes in your exam which is extract and poetry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samwilson1998)
    English Literature is good for essays, I have just done AS Lit in Y12 and came out with a C with 8 marks to a B. Coursework is easy and exam once you get your head round it. Just depends if you prepared for lots of reading, because if AQA exam board you have to read 9-12 books over a year so your heavily prepared for the exam. There are 2 books for coursework with a question i.e. mine was motherhood in prose and drama and then you have to read 3 more to link with it. The rest you have to source yourself and use them as quotes in your exam which is extract and poetry.
    Thank you for this I am looking forward to it!

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.