Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone doing Maths tomorrow?? watch

ReputationRep:
    yeah anyone? Edexcel higher?

ReputationRep:
    hey,yh im doing maths, what board are you?do you find non calculator papers harder...i always rekon you can figure out the answer if you have a calculater. iv been trying to eliminate stuff that will turn up. i nor fx stuff turned up last year, and there was stuff about ratio...i duno what to revise!!are you higher tier? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    hey,yh im doing maths, what board are you?do you find non calculator papers harder...i always rekon you can figure out the answer if you have a calculater. iv been trying to eliminate stuff that will turn up. i nor fx stuff turned up last year, and there was stuff about ratio...i duno what to revise!!are you higher tier? xx
    sorry, just read ur edexcel higher...im doing that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neha p)
    i am doing Edexcel, i find the non calculator paper hard too yeah i am doing higher tier

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was just me who thought the non-calc papers were harder...everyone else always says the opposite.
    Anyway, I have that exam tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    i've said this is many posts, could anyone doing intermediate maths GCSE post up here the question which came up. plz.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing edexcel higher too....i find non-calculator easier for some reason...but im still veeery worried about tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I've got it tomorrow Edexcel higher

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing edexcel linear higher. I find the calc papers a lot harder than the non calc ones because since you can use calcs, they tend add more complex questions on the paper. They made last years calc paper way too hard.. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    whats the diff between normal higher and linear higher?...im doing linear....i hope they have nice quetions...last years were meanies

ReputationRep:
    There's linear and modular. In modular you take an exam after every module/topic (the less able students at my school took this) and linear is the one where you only take 2 exams which tests you on the whole syllabus. It's something like that I think.

ReputationRep:
    I've got OCR Higher tommorow afternoon

ReputationRep:
    I'd just like to say good luck to everyone doing maths tomorrow!!!

Yeah, last year's edexcel calc. paper was harder than usual!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrjoe)
    I've got OCR Higher tommorow afternoon
    i heard that OCR is kinda of hard

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing edexcel maths gcse tomorrow at 1:30 non-calculator is hardest for me. Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing edexcel higher, it should be quite tough as it was last year (non calc) to maintain continuity.

ReputationRep:
    OCR papers are genuinly very tough....mabye this will be reflected at the end of the year when they alter the boundaries though.

ReputationRep:
    good luck everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEffect)
    i heard that OCR is kinda of hard
    yeah my i took OCR it much harder than other exam board

ReputationRep:
    Yes i've got it too. And need help! plz

How do you find the value of /5 (square root of five) X /20 .

/5 + /20 = k/5, where k is an integer.

Part B.

Find the value of k.

C) Find the value of /5 + /45 divided by /20.

How do you do this without a claculator?!!!

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.