The Student Room Group

Only letting me do 3 A-Levels......

The college im going to is only allowing me to do 3 A-Levels (History, English Lang and Politics) would having an extra AS level in Law give me and advantage or am i better off just focusing on the three?
Reply 1
If you can cope with the additional work then I think you should do 4 AS levels otherwise you'll be at a disadvantage over the students who have done 4 AS levels when applying to university. When I called a university to apply on results day they asked me which AS level I had dropped and the grade I got. For some uni's you can get points from the AS you dropped which would help if you didn't do as well in your other 3 subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by r-t
If you can cope with the additional work then I think you should do 4 AS levels otherwise you'll be at a disadvantage over the students who have done 4 AS levels when applying to university. When I called a university to apply on results day they asked me which AS level I had dropped and the grade I got. For some uni's you can get points from the AS you dropped which would help if you didn't do as well in your other 3 subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, where are you going?
Reply 3
Original post by luluarundell
Thanks, where are you going?

When I start uni? Next month.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by r-t
When I start uni? Next month.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, i meant where:smile:
Reply 5
Sorry, i meant where:smile:

Oh lol I had a feeling you did. City university London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by r-t
Oh lol I had a feeling you did. City university London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sounds awesome :smile: Im sure you will have a cracking time!
Reply 7
Sounds awesome :smile: Im sure you will have a cracking time!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest