The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Work for a political party as the provinical electons are coming up, so have been doing my bit by posting letters through the letterbox!
Reply 2
err none.
i did loads back in a2 was captain of the school chess team, co editor of the school mag, managing director of YE, part of the 2nd rugby team, did volunteer work. did anything to get noticed lol
Taekwondo, piano, volunteer at a disabled kids sunday group, volunteer at the hospital and still have a prity/very active social life currently looking for a job
None......and I did none at school or sixth form either......oh dear :p:
Reply 6
Enough to distract me from my A levels!
I have done D of E bronze, sports (badminton and tennis), volunteer work, school council- i am in year 11 atm so i am planning to do extra activities in summer holidays and a levels:smile:

If you are looking for volunteer work try http://www.do-it.org/ and even though i havent personally tried it i would recommend Melliunium Volunteers (i will be doing this in the summer holidays)
Reply 8
Choir, flute group, wind band, regional flute ensemble, school orchestra, regional wind/chamber orchestra, ceilidh group, piano lessons, singing lessons, music theory lessons, flute lessons...

I'm a little bit one-sided. :p:
Reply 9
erm.. none :p:. I did play the trombone in various bands though and I used to do karate.

edit: oo! I'm currently mentoring a year 10 through his GCSEs, does that count?
I play in the orchestra at weekends, does that count for anything?
Reply 11
Dancing 3/4 times a week plus extra rehearsals, shows and competitions at the weekends.
I help at my church an hour a week.
School council and prom committee.
Year book committee.
the millenium volunteers award - 160 hours 40 to go
archery - I shoot a long bow
skateboarder - albeit a bad one
scuba diver
coach yr 12's canoeing for d of e exped
help out at a vets
help out on a farm
does learning to drive count?
learning to play guitar
juggle - 3 balls and 3 clubs
almost finished my d of e gold award
coarse fishing
part time job
go out with mates (any one know FATS mojo's the brickyard or the wheel in Carlisle?)
student council - i'm head of charities - over £800 for breast cancer by waxing our rugby teams legs!

lol loads of stuff. I dont know how it happens:biggrin:
Gingerbread Man
even though i havent personally tried it i would recommend Melliunium Volunteers (i will be doing this in the summer holidays)

MV is great but it ends in carlisle in march due to funding - so I'm not sure if it'll be running in your area in the summer - i hope it is!
:tsr2:
playstation 2
Reply 15
General Mullet
playstation 2

:rofl:

Football and Rugby
1.Duke of Edinburgh's Award Bronze, currently doing Silver
2.Shooting
3.Flying at weekends
4.Piano
5.I play for the hockey and netball team at my squadron.
6.Investment club at college
Eternity Forever
1.Duke of Edinburgh's Award Bronze, currently doing Silver
2.Shooting
3.Flying at weekends
4.Piano
5.I play for the hockey and netball team at my squadron.
6.Investment club at college

:ninja:

What do you shoot?:cool:
Reply 18
Millennium Volunteer @ primary school, nursing & residential home, hospice and 2 hospitals.

Cricket

Tennis & Table Tennis

Ice Hockey

Chess and Checkers

Charity Leader @ form group (ties in with Student Council)

Piano (still learning!)

Kinda weak on the Music side.
Gingerbread Man
:ninja:

What do you shoot?:cool:

We shoot targets! Not people obviously.

Latest

Trending

Trending