Who else is studying Textiles or a fashion course?

Watch this thread
Sleepwalkerchlo
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I've been searching through forum chats etc, and I've notice there is no information no chat about a particular subject i'm studying: Textiles.

so... Im interested in finding out who else is studying the same or similar course.
- What are your next steps, University or career ideas?

I have completed an As in textiles and continuing it into A2.
and i am researching into textiles/ fashion courses at university.

However, i would love to about other peoples next steps if they choose to pick a similar career path in the fashion industry, of which we are all reminded of constantly is that its (very competitive)
minaeshi
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
Hi, this is two weeks late lmao but I'm also taking the course and i'm having the same problem as you. I can't seem to find a study chat/forum, or students who do the subject in general here.
I've also completed my AS in Fashion and Textiles and will be continuing with A2. My next steps would hopefully (depending on my grades) be to take a foundation course in art and design in a university before going onto doing an actual degree in either Fashion Communication, Fashion Journalism, Creative Direction in Fashion or Fashion Design. I'm currently looking at CSM/LCF, Ravensbourne, Westminster etc since I've heard great things about their fashion courses ^_^
Sleepwalkerchlo
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
ohh thst great to har that there are more of us, very interesting choices. i dont know what specfici route i want to follow yet as its especially difficult having only done textiles at As and now continueing into A2. im trying to work out what course would best suit me by what i like and dislike dueing during my texitles..ie..drawings etc- so i dont know whether too look into fashion marketing or managment because i think im interested in that, snd whilst im trying to get some retail experience also to look better.

But i am worried about the other a level subjects i have choosen because theyre a bit random- geography and history so i am worried how they will look when applying for a fashion- business related course....(really wish i had picked up business now)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
33.33%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (31)
44.93%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.45%

Watched Threads