Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have my Prom soon, what kinda dress do you think I should get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kieshaxxx)
    prom?? you in america?

ReputationRep:
    try going to debenhams or bhs (i got mine from there - its burgandy n beautiful!) if its a formal prom if not most shops seem to have lots of dresses in at the moment. my prom was end of may
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    how tall are you?
    hows ur body built? as in straight hourglassetc
    make a huge difference to what will suit u!!

ReputationRep:
    No, not in America. Yeh I might try Debenhams actually, that's where my friend got hers from. I'm thinking of getting dark red or black, But actually I've seen this really nice baby pink type one. I dunno though, it's not a really formal Prom though. Ours is on the 30th, this month!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kriztinae)
    how tall are you?
    hows ur body built? as in straight hourglassetc
    make a huge difference to what will suit u!!
    Yeh, I know. I'm about 5'5, slim but curvy i.e I have boobs lol.

ReputationRep:
    Try and get a dress with a fitted top bit and a flowy bottom bit if you are life me and you have quite big boobs but large hips. If you don't have large hips a thighs then go for long and fitted low cut at the neck though to make the best of your boobs. What is your hair colour and your skin colouring.

ReputationRep:
    lol thats nice to know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fly By)
    lol thats nice to know
    Lol, I thought so too ...

ReputationRep:
    then something long and short! ie long one side and short the other! nice!
    with a little low cut top part... hehe u have boobs!
    and color depends whats suits you!

ReputationRep:
    No, not in America. Yeh I might try Debenhams actually, that's where my friend got hers from. I'm thinking of getting dark red or black, But actually I've seen this really nice baby pink type one. I dunno though, it's not a really formal Prom though. Ours is on the 30th, this month!
    that's when mine is! i've got a plain black silk dress, it's just below knee length and hangs really nicely, it was from monsoon but it's not one of the silly expensive ones! i wore it for my A level recital and because it's plain i can wear it again. Our prom is themed white tie and diamonds so i'm going to get some chunky diamante jewellery to jazz it up...i'd get something black, it always looks chic, but then dark red is nice too...tricky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    that's when mine is! i've got a plain black silk dress, it's just below knee length and hangs really nicely, it was from monsoon but it's not one of the silly expensive ones! i wore it for my A level recital and because it's plain i can wear it again. Our prom is themed white tie and diamonds so i'm going to get some chunky diamante jewellery to jazz it up...i'd get something black, it always looks chic, but then dark red is nice too...tricky.
    Sounds cool. Ours is only a Year 11 prom though....

ReputationRep:
    I don't really have large hips or thighs but they aren't stick like, they have a slight curve to them. I'm tanned (not orange!) dark brown hair with lighter highlights (natural, lol). It's a bit past my shoulders and layered, if that helps too!
    If you can carry off red that would be nice. I have a friend who sounds similar to you and she had a lovely knee length diagonally cut red silky dress.

ReputationRep:
    ive just bought a gorgeous red dress from Karen Millen for our end of year 13 prom
    i went to oxford street london.
    try loads of dresses in loads of different shops, more chance of finding the perfect dress! (plus an excuse to shop for a whole day )

ReputationRep:
    I bought 3 dresses off ebay last year, all really nice and quite cheap - but you need to start looking well in advance and be patient lol. Go for something slinky but not too formal - in my experience noone ever turns up to balls and proms in dresses that are too elaborate or fancy - sometimes even a smart dress will do, not a full-on ballgown.

ReputationRep:
    i got mine from a shop in liverpool city centre, their downstairs room was FULL of amazing ball gown style dresses....mines minty pastel green with rice beading all over it in the shape of flowers....one shoulder really sleek, and has a train!!

ReputationRep:
    Sounds cool. Ours is only a Year 11 prom though....
    our yr 11 prom was cool-we all bought pretty dresses but just had the do in our school hall with a dj and buffet food, so it wasnt too expensive but it was a good way to end the year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    our yr 11 prom was cool-we all bought pretty dresses but just had the do in our school hall with a dj and buffet food, so it wasnt too expensive but it was a good way to end the year!
    yeh that's what ours is going to be like too I think

ReputationRep:
    Alex Perry...
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Alex Perry...
    oooooooooooooh! They look nice! Also expensive though!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.