Can a sixth form go against it's entry requirements Watch

Shon
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I guys, so my enrolment day is tomorrow but I'm worried about one course
GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS
The school said the entry requirement was a grade C in English which I have but other schools say grade B in English
So is there any chance that my interviewer would not allow me on the course
Fanatical Geek
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Shon)
I guys, so my enrolment day is tomorrow but I'm worried about one course
GOVERNMENT AND POLITICS
The school said the entry requirement was a grade C in English which I have but other schools say grade B in English
So is there any chance that my interviewer would not allow me on the course
My first instinct is "don't worry!"

If the sixth form has entry requirements asking for a C that's what you are going to need - they would contact you in advance if the entry requirements were changing.

Best of luck with sixth form - have fun with it!
Jennifer40418
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You should be absolutely fine! Be confident! School, much like unis, always inflate the entry criteria! Even if you miss the entry grade by 1 they will let you in. Worse comes to worse, they will make a deal with you and say they will monitor you closely for a month to see your progress. They just say this to push students a bit! If you have already got an interview, youve already got your place! It;s too late to offer it to any other students!
esc1995
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If the school you are going to wants a C then they will let you on with a C it doesn't matter what other schools entry requirements are and even if they wanted you to get a B most sixth forms will let you on the course anyway as long as you show that you will work hard and get the grades at A Level. Loads of people i went to sixth form with got into subjects they needed better grades for (Psychology needed B in maths but they got C) the sixth form just asked them to retake maths so they got their C to B grade.
NiamhGibson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The majority of sixth forms consider each situation separately. In most cases, one grade won't make too much difference, especially if you were predicted higher or achieved well in other subjects. In all likelihood, the worst they will do is make an agreement where you will be monitored to check you're on track to achieve the right grades. Honestly, there's nothing to worry about!
Shon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Thanks for the quick reply guys
You've calmed my nerves 😆😆
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

What are your favourite crisps?