The Student Room Group

Help please!

Hi,
I got a conditional offer for an Msc in Banking finance at Queen Mary university and in order to officially secure a seat there, I had to get a degree at class 2:2 or above and o level at grade C or above used in place of IELTS.
I emailed QMUL with all the required qualifications having clearly met the conditions. I got a reply from them today stating they are not satisfied with my o level certificate. (Got a B in English for O' level) I totally freaking out now. :confused::bawling::confused::cry:

Also, I did my undergrad at a british uni ouside uk. Could this be taken into consideration?

Please guys help me out. Should I call them tomorrow? Any advice please.
That's really odd. Definitely give them a call to find out what's going on. Good luck.
Reply 2
Yes, definitely call them to find out what the problem is with your qualifications and what you can do to fix it. Good luck 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PreciousPearlN23
Hi,
I got a conditional offer for an Msc in Banking finance at Queen Mary university and in order to officially secure a seat there, I had to get a degree at class 2:2 or above and o level at grade C or above used in place of IELTS.
I emailed QMUL with all the required qualifications having clearly met the conditions. I got a reply from them today stating they are not satisfied with my o level certificate. (Got a B in English for O' level) I totally freaking out now. :confused::bawling::confused::cry:

Also, I did my undergrad at a british uni ouside uk. Could this be taken into consideration?

Please guys help me out. Should I call them tomorrow? Any advice please.

Are you sure they aren't just asking to see it to prove you have it? Verifying qualifications by asking to see the certificate is standard practice at universities. Have they actually seen the certificate before?
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Are you sure they aren't just asking to see it to prove you have it? Verifying qualifications by asking to see the certificate is standard practice at universities. Have they actually seen the certificate before?

Well, I emailed them all my certificates for verification purposes. I spoke to an admission officer today and he said my o level certificate is different from others.That's kinda weird! Surely the cambridge o level cert should be same everywhere.Right? He also wants a supplementary breakdown of the English language. Sadly I dont have any other cert to show him.

The most regretable thing is that I have already declined all other offers I got from other unis. :frown:

Why cant they consider the fact that Ive studied in a bristish uni for my undergrad??? :/
Original post by PreciousPearlN23
Well, I emailed them all my certificates for verification purposes. I spoke to an admission officer today and he said my o level certificate is different from others.That's kinda weird! Surely the cambridge o level cert should be same everywhere.Right? He also wants a supplementary breakdown of the English language. Sadly I dont have any other cert to show him.

The most regretable thing is that I have already declined all other offers I got from other unis. :frown:

Why cant they consider the fact that Ive studied in a bristish uni for my undergrad??? :/

I'm afraid this is not my area, so I don't know, I'm afraid. It sounds like a miscommunication somewhere along the line, but I wouldn't be able to guess where. Keep contacting them is all I can suggest, I'm afraid.
If the problem is the O level certificate (ie. because this is a qualification you took outside the Uk) then I suggest you give the Uni's International office a call and ask them to verify the certificate. In the UK we have GCSE not O levels (this was changed in the 1970s). This is why they are suspicious of your qualification certificate.
Reply 7
Original Post, just read this, any update??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending