Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

AS Philosophy of Religion watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where any reliable information concerning Max Weber's Sociological challenges to religion can be found? I'd appreciate it thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Since I'm so kind and nice, I'll give you my personal notes (reduced to bare minimum and brief):

The function of religion is to cope with any threat to social wellbeing.
    It ensures that individuals make sense of any injustices and misfortunes and hence is concerned with the smooth running of society.
    It is helpful for economic success by enabling us to understand why some suffer and others don't: Weber analyses what religion does and concludes that it deals with the meaning of life in a cruel world.

Most of sociological challenges should be Marx, Durkheim (Feuerbach as well); I personally just thought Weber is that "little bit extra" which makes your argument stand out. Not much but that's probably all you'll really need.

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing OCR RS?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers.

And yes, OCR.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.