What are you working on at the moment?
Sleepwalkerchlo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Potato456)

I do secretly like to knit and I have used it in a lot of my textiles work for As. And as I'm starting A2 I have got into macrame which isn't knitting but making patterns out of knots, it doesn't sound great but it looks good.
Potato456
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Just had a look on Google images - they look beautiful!! So do you still use needles or do you use your hands? Sounds great!

(Original post by Sleepwalkerchlo)
I do secretly like to knit and I have used it in a lot of my textiles work for As. And as I'm starting A2 I have got into macrame which isn't knitting but making patterns out of knots, it doesn't sound great but it looks good.
Sleepwalkerchlo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
macrame i use my hands, but i actually use one knitting needle to keep the first row straight
Sarah04H
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I used to knit all the time as a child/teen but since last year I've started crocheting, and now I have an Etsy blog!
Maybe a knitting/crochet combo in the future..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Potato456
Rep:
?
I'm in the process of learning to crochet - but I'm finding it so much harder than knitting. The whole holding the hook business feels weird :P

(Original post by Sarah04H)
I used to knit all the time as a child/teen but since last year I've started crocheting, and now I have an Etsy blog!
Maybe a knitting/crochet combo in the future..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
SallySparrow66
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I can knit fairly well but recently taught myself to crochet and find it so much easier so I'm a little obsessed with that right now!

I've been spending so much of my time figuring out colour schemes in wool and browsing pinterest for ideas and patterns.

Right now I'm making a mountain of African Flowers to join to make a blanket. Deadline is Christmas.
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I recently bought some wool, hoping to get back into knitting, but I've been so busy I haven't had the chance yet. I can make straight things, like scarves haha. That's the extent of my knitting. Still I make damned nice scarves :-p
Potato456
Rep:
?
Scarves are good =D Have you tried decreasing?...that's just putting the needle into two stitches at the same time and then knit as normal, and it makes it smaller =D That's a good start to shaping! You'll be a pro at it before you turn 'round

(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
I recently bought some wool, hoping to get back into knitting, but I've been so busy I haven't had the chance yet. I can make straight things, like scarves haha. That's the extent of my knitting. Still I make damned nice scarves :-p
letsgetphysical
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've started making some hats and scarves for winter. Hoping I don't **** up the scarves though. I always underestimate the length and end up with short scarves.
Sarah04H
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm in the process of learning to crochet - but I'm finding it so much harder than knitting. The whole holding the hook business feels weird :P
Good luck! I could only knit in a straight line so crochet is a lot more interesting, you can make so many different things
It took me a few days to learn, and a lot of YouTube tutorials! But I find it easier than knitting. So hopefully it will get easier once you've learnt how to

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (66)
14.93%
I'm not sure (16)
3.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (148)
33.48%
I have already dropped out (7)
1.58%
I'm not a current university student (205)
46.38%

Watched Threads