The Student Room Group

Is Medicine a realistic goal at this point?

I got A's in my GCSEs for everything. Maths, Double English, Core Science, Additional Science, Geography, Business Studies, French,and ICT. Is Medicine a realistic goal for me? In universities such as UCL, KCL, QMUL, Imperial, and perhaps even Cambridge (as I've heard they focus mainly on 90%+ at A2). I do realize factors such as UKCAT/BMAT, personal statement, and extra curricular come into play.Thanks in advance!
Cambridge they are looking more at the 9-11 A*'s at GCSE (and yes a few people do get that, about 10 people in my year at school did), but the other ones aren't out the question yet- of course it depends on what you mentioned. Also many medicine applicants will have a lot of A*'s be wary of that fact. (I got 5 A*'s and 6 A's but are getting 2 remarked due to being so close to hopefully get 7 A*'s because I'm worried about just the 5). I would say don't aim for the more difficult to get in uni's for medicine ☺️ good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you apply to the right schools, your GCSEs are the least of your worries. Aim to do well at college/sixth form, maintain your interests, be human and play to the game= medicine offer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending