The Student Room Group

Ladies - what body type do you prefer in a guy?

Poll

WHich male body do do you prefer?

Yea...the title says it really. Me and my mates had a disagreement over what you girls thought was sexy...please be honest and give a reason/s if possible.

Oh yea, and please nothing about personality, or looks in terms of facial features (even though those things amongst others are important!!)

I've also left out extremes such as anorexic and obese...for obvious reasons.

O h yea....and disregard height...assume 5'10 - 6'2 or similar.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Er? What a vague question. I like mine tall and fairly slim, but a little muscle (no stick insects please). But they have to have a nice face otherwise it all goes out the window. Other than that, I'm not particularly fussy. As long as they don't look like a gorilla or something.
NOT SKINNY GUYS. Urgh, I can't stand skinny guys. I tend to go for tall, bigger built men - nice and broad shouldered! I'm a rugby player's girl at heart. Real men play rugby : )
Reply 3
taller than me, with some muscle- but nothing too wild, just someone you can tell is fit.
Reply 4
bunthulhu
Er? What a vague question. I like mine tall and fairly slim. But they have to have a nice face otherwise it all goes out the window. Other than that, I'm not particularly fussy. As long as they don't look like a gorilla or something.

I'm a 'bear' apparently :frown:
Reply 5
samba
I'm a 'bear' apparently :frown:

Not necessarily a bad thing - bears can be really cute, and everyone fancies Brad Pitt and Matt Damon, both of whom bear a striking resemblance to a teddy bear.

They do!
as long as he's taller than me and is bulky enough for me to feel 'held' when hugged then I'm fairly flexible.

A slight V-definition leading from his belly down is incredible to kiss though...
Reply 7
Sorry every1 I was busy writing my poll....feel free to vote now.
Reply 8
well, i do love brad pitt and matt damon, but i like tall slim guys who aren't too muscly but are toned.
but then i really like short guys as well, i have the biggest crush on michael j fox and jesse in diagnosis murder :rolleyes:
Reply 9
Average/slim guy with a nice arse :wink:
How can David Beckham and Daniel Craig be in the same category? Daniel Craig is far more built.
Reply 11
Lean with some muscle! Mmm...just enough to cuddle up to without being huge.
Reply 12
Anonymous
How can David Beckham and Daniel Craig be in the same category? Daniel Craig is far more built.

Yeah...he had to really work for it though. Naturally he's probably as thin as Beckham.
A lot of "beef" is nice, I hate the really defined, body-builder type of physique.. There just seems something so narcissistic about men with 6 packs - sorry guys, don't mean to upset anybody - but that's all a bit over the top and nasty. Also really built up men tend to be quite obsessive about their appearance (just from personal experience) and that just a big no-no.

A nice beefy man with big shoulders and a round bum will do me just nicely.. I voted for the rugby player type. :smile:

Anyday :wink:
Why is there nothing inbetween 'no muscle' and 'built like daniel craig' :confused:
Reply 15
How you can include David Beckham and Daniel Craig in the same category is beyond me.
pikaboo
Yeah...he had to really work for it though. Naturally he's probably as thin as Beckham.

'Naturally' is a funny concept. Naturally men would be living paleolithic lifestyles using their wit and strength in hunting and killing pleistocene megafauna. But the invention of agriculture and all that followed put paid to that (we now eat way more refined carbs and way less protein). Plus we are probably responsible for the absense of many of those species today... which is why you wont see me trying to bring down a woolly rhinoceros any time soon.
Reply 17
Anonymous
'Naturally' is a funny concept. Naturally men would be living paleolithic lifestyles using their wit and strength in hunting and killing pleistocene megafauna. But the invention of agriculture and all that followed put paid to that (we now eat way more refined carbs and way less protein). Plus we are probably responsible for the absense of many of those species today... which is why you wont see me trying to bring down a woolly rhinoceros any time soon.

Argh, have you just jumped out of my hunter-gatherers essay? Go away, you're reminding me of all the work I have to do :p: *goes back to thinking about nice, safe non-anthropological torsos*
Reply 18
There's no "I really don't care" option, so I voted for the last one.
Reply 19
bunthulhu
Why is there nothing inbetween 'no muscle' and 'built like daniel craig' :confused:

Daniel Craig and David BEckham are the 2 extremes of that particular category...Beck's isn't really that built at all...but he is a little, cos of his job. Daniel Craig is well built, but not really really defined, ie he wouldn't win a bodybuilding contest...and you can tell he was naturally quite skinny/average...hope that clears it up :biggrin:

Quick Reply