lynscorn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi any advice would be greatlyappreciated. Basically I really want to sit my a levels in biology and chemistry to get onto a specific university course. I'm a mature student and want to know if it's possible to do these subjects independently as I know there's elements of practical in them . How would that work? Is it even possible? I know there's companies online that I could use but they seem to charge a fortune. Also if it is possible can it be done in a year or is it more likely to be over 2 years . Please help . Thanks
LearnOnline
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lynscorn)
Hi any advice would be greatlyappreciated. Basically I really want to sit my a levels in biology and chemistry to get onto a specific university course. I'm a mature student and want to know if it's possible to do these subjects independently as I know there's elements of practical in them . How would that work? Is it even possible? I know there's companies online that I could use but they seem to charge a fortune. Also if it is possible can it be done in a year or is it more likely to be over 2 years . Please help . Thanks
Hi there,

The good news is that you are right and you can sit the A levels in Biology and Chemistry in 1 year, and you do not have to attend "classes" either. You will however need to complete a practical laboratory sessions for each "year" of study (so that's 2 for the A level) We offer A level laboratory workshops in both Biology and Chemistry and these are £400 per workshop (£800 per qualification) Our full A level package is currently discounted to £999 so if you are serious about getting the best grades possible, you would be provided with all learning material, course text books, access to our learning platform and your own dedicated course tutor who will mark 60 assignments throughout the course as well as prepare you for the exams too

Once you have registered to study the course, you need to arrange to sit the written exams at a local exam centre (usually your local school or college) so that you can complete the exams close to home. Most centres charge approx. £50 per exam and you need to register in February if you plan to sit the exams in the summer.

Please find the results from our 2015 laboratory workshops below as well as a link to our courses

Chemistry Unit 3 - AS Practical = 90% scored grade B or higher
Chemistry Unit 6 - A2 Practical = 92% scored grade B or higher
Biology Unit 3 - AS Practical = 50% scored grade B or higher
Biology Unit 6 - A2 Practical = 78% scored grade B or higher

A level Chemistry with Practical Workshop AS+A2
A level Biology with Practical Workshop AS+A2

If you need any more help, or have some more questions, just give me a shout

Matt
Student Support Officer | LearnOnline
lynscorn
Rep:
?
Is 999 the full price including practical then?
LearnOnline
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is 999 the full price including practical then?
Hi there, £999 includes the AS and A2 theory, the course text books, tutor support and workshop sessions and practical exams (which make up Unit 3 of the AS and Unit 6 of the A2.

Hope that helps

Matt
lynscorn
Rep:
?
Is it payable by instalments
LearnOnline
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Is it payable by instalments
Hi there, we do not offer "instalment" payments as such, however, if you purchase your course in unit modules, you will receive your discount off the last unit - please see example below

Science Year 1 Theory - £295
Science Year 2 Theory - £295
Science Year 1 Practical Workshop - £400
Science Year 2 Practical Workshop - £400
Total £1390 or £999 if bought as a package

Pay as you go offer - allowing you spread the payments
Science Year 1 Theory - Pay £295
Science Year 2 Theory - Pay £295
Science Year 1 Practical Workshop - Pay £400
Science Year 2 Practical Workshop - Pay £9

Hope this helps

If there is anything else is I can help with, just ask