The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I'm going to live there but I have the same problem, can't seem to find any reviews or any other students staying there
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Yeah I should be living here too ( just choosing either James Baillie Park from uni or this one )
Yeah, its brand new, there's no reviews because no one has lived there yet.
Seriously I saw it being built from my bedroom window.
Reply 4
I received an email today saying there's a delay in the opening. Around 3-4 weeks so they're putting all the students up in hotels until it's ready to open
Reply 5
I went for a viewing at Asquith house a couple of weeks ago. The building is all complete - they're just working on the inside still...

I viewed the show room which was an exact replicar and it was lovely.

Location also good - near to University of Leeds.

Is anybody definitely going to be living here / moving in to the hotel?
Reply 6
Yeah me! Just waiting on details off the hotel which I've been told I'm getting in the next few days
Reply 7
Original post by S_96xo
Yeah me! Just waiting on details off the hotel which I've been told I'm getting in the next few days

Yeah that's what I'm waiting for too!
Reply 8
Are you on Facebook? I'm tryna get to know as many people as I can
Reply 9
I'm waiting on the hotel details, If its too far or no reply by saturday night, I am afraid that I will have to go for uni halls
Reply 10
Original post by S_96xo
Are you on Facebook? I'm tryna get to know as many people as I can

Yeah Poppy Paige Rome on facebook :smile: me too!
Any medical student going there? I am a medical student and wanting to get to know other students doing the same course
I've been put up in clayton hotel and I'm wanting to know if any other students have been as well
Reply 13
I'm thinking of applying for a studio at either Asquith House or Austin Hall. Can you guys who already live there let me know what it's like. Like is it a more of a international hotspot? social? view? appearance of the studio room? is it worth it? I am confused between Leodis and this. Please HELP!
Reply 14
What's this accomadation for first years ?
How was your experience living here?
Just been to Austin Hall to check my daughter in. Gave the keys back it is terrible, DIRTY, horrible corridors - carpets filthy with huge stains everywhere -rooms are not like the lovely photos - please do not go there. Luckily I was with my daughter otherwise she would have been stuck there. Really not a nice area either. I am complaining directly to the university to warn them how bad it is there
Original post by anitajhs
Just been to Austin Hall to check my daughter in. Gave the keys back it is terrible, DIRTY, horrible corridors - carpets filthy with huge stains everywhere -rooms are not like the lovely photos - please do not go there. Luckily I was with my daughter otherwise she would have been stuck there. Really not a nice area either. I am complaining directly to the university to warn them how bad it is there

wow! Thanks! Luckily I didn’t booked there!
Hey i just saw this and i have already booked a room in Austin Hall. I am an over seas student and have no idea what to do. Can you please help me?
Original post by Samar min allah
Hey i just saw this and i have already booked a room in Austin Hall. I am an over seas student and have no idea what to do. Can you please help me?

Hi Samar I am unsure what can be done. Have you signed the tenancy agreement yet? I am guessing you have? I am complaining as hard as I can and will ask that you need to consider whether you want to pay all of the money that they will be taking out of your account. When are you meant to be arriving?

Latest