emmadoc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi All,

Just looking for some advice. I got my deferred place at Leeds medical school last summer after receiving my A Level results, but since I did my last exam on the 20th of June 2014 I have not done any academic work whatsoever and spent my time doing sweet FA in Australia.

I've got about 3 weeks before I go to medical school now so I was just going to look over all my A2 stuff...

How easy/difficult do you think it will be to get back into the swing of things? Looking for anyone who has taken a gap year to give me a little bit of advice!

Thank youuuuuuu
xxxx
futuremedic19
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emmadoc)
Hi All,

Just looking for some advice. I got my deferred place at Leeds medical school last summer after receiving my A Level results, but since I did my last exam on the 20th of June 2014 I have not done any academic work whatsoever and spent my time doing sweet FA in Australia.

I've got about 3 weeks before I go to medical school now so I was just going to look over all my A2 stuff...

How easy/difficult do you think it will be to get back into the swing of things? Looking for anyone who has taken a gap year to give me a little bit of advice!

Thank youuuuuuu
xxxx

OMG in the exact same position as you. The last exam I did was AQA Biol5 back on the 20th June 2014 and I'll be starting next month as well. I have been helping out others with their A2 but tbh I have forgotten most of my Chemistry/Biology.
Tbh lots of people take gap years so I wouldn't try to worry to much, plus look at it this way all the knowledge we need to know is already stored somewhere in our brains and I'm sure with a bit of effort we can recall it when needed. If anything were both fresh and ready.
emmadoc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by futuremedic19)
OMG in the exact same position as you. The last exam I did was AQA Biol5 back on the 20th June 2014 and I'll be starting next month as well. I have been helping out others with their A2 but tbh I have forgotten most of my Chemistry/Biology.
Tbh lots of people take gap years so I wouldn't try to worry to much, plus look at it this way all the knowledge we need to know is already stored somewhere in our brains and I'm sure with a bit of effort we can recall it when needed. If anything were both fresh and ready.
Yeah I hope so! Was just looking at my Chemistry A2 and some things are slowly coming back...
I just hope I wont be at a disadvantage compared to the year belows but you are right loads of people take gap years. I sort of recall someone telling me they treat you like you don't know very much at the beginning anyway because people have all done different exam boards and whatever
futuremedic19
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by emmadoc)
Yeah I hope so! Was just looking at my Chemistry A2 and some things are slowly coming back...
I just hope I wont be at a disadvantage compared to the year belows but you are right loads of people take gap years. I sort of recall someone telling me they treat you like you don't know very much at the beginning anyway because people have all done different exam boards and whatever
I don't know how it works at Leeds but at Cardiff where I'll be starting in September there will be an intro week and the first term is spent gaining basic clinical knowledge so everyone is roughly on the same level before the placements/harder studying starts.

My advice would be not to worry and just chill, take life as it comes
Sugarpuffx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've heard that in the first few weeks the lectures are focused on getting everyone up to speed with it all so everyone's in the same position
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (200)
19.23%
Labour (443)
42.6%
Liberal Democrats (201)
19.33%
Green Party (54)
5.19%
Brexit Party (27)
2.6%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.38%
SNP (15)
1.44%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)