The Student Room Group

Please Obi Wan you're my only hope; I don't know what to do. (Can I qualify for medic

I know that there are similar threads like this, so sorry in advance but what are the chances of me getting into medical school:

GCSE:A*A*AAAAABBCC
One of the C is English (but level 5 in speaking & listening which is the highest you can achieve), whilst the other is Design & technology. I'm thinking of not even putting DT in my application.

As: AABB. A: Physics A:Biology B:Chemistry B: Maths
both Bs are 3-4 marks off an A so I'm getting Chemistry remarked and resitting C1 & C2

A level: if I were to get a prediction of A*AA-AAA would i be able to wulaify for medicine?
Reply 1
I know that there are similar threads like this, so sorry in advance but what are the chances of me getting into medical school:

One of the C is English (but level 5 in speaking & listening which is the highest you can achieve), whilst the other is Design & technology. I'm thinking of not even putting DT in my application.

both Bs are 3-4 marks off an A so I'm getting Chemistry remarked and resitting C1 & C2

A level: if I were to get a prediction of A*AA-AAA would i be able to wulaify for medicine?
Reply 2
Considering you cannot spell the word qualify, i'd say your chances are pretty slim.
Original post by Fandalf

The C in English might hold you back, especially if it's language. Have a look at the medicine GCSE requirements on tsr wiki.
If you get AAA+ predictions you have options, but there's personal statement, entrance exams etc. that are also important.

Definitely worth applying!

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes easily I think
get a good ukcat score

the only thing is the C in english
but 90% of unis will be fine with a C in english

your AS results are much better than mine and I'm still going to try for medicine
make sure you look at how the unis assess their candidates

e.g. bristol score your GCSEs by giving each grade a number and the higher your score for your top 8 GCSEs the better
Reply 6
Original post by Depleted
Considering you cannot spell the word qualify, i'd say your chances are pretty slim.

Cheers bud, I appreciate your input
Reply 7
Original post by Going_To_California
The C in English might hold you back, especially if it's language. Have a look at the medicine GCSE requirements on tsr wiki.
If you get AAA+ predictions you have options, but there's personal statement, entrance exams etc. that are also important.

Definitely worth applying!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks man, I'll have a look

Quick Reply

Latest