How to work out overall grade for Additional Science? Watch

ncmy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have received my GCSE grades and I wanted to remark them, however, if I were to remark them I want to know how to work out the overall grade (the final grade) for all of the addition sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics.)

If for example, I had received:
Unit 1 Chemistry - A
Unit 2 Chemistry - A
Unit 1 Biology - C
Unit 2 Biology - D
Unit 1 Physics - C
Unit 2 Physics - C
ISA Course work - A

What would my overall additional science grade will it be? (e.g A, B C...)

Another question - If I wanted to take A Level Chemistry (which has a requirement of an A and a B between Maths and Additional Science), but my overall grade is a B in science (so basically all the additional sciences together e.g Biology + Physics + Chemistry), however, My separate grade for Chemistry is an A, will they allow me to use the chemistry grade (which is an A) and the maths grade (which is a B)?
Hayley Williams
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ncmy)
I have received my GCSE grades and I wanted to remark them, however, if I were to remark them I want to know how to work out the overall grade (the final grade) for all of the addition sciences (Biology, Chemistry and Physics.)

If for example, I had received:
Unit 1 Chemistry - A
Unit 2 Chemistry - A
Unit 1 Biology - C
Unit 2 Biology - D
Unit 1 Physics - C
Unit 2 Physics - C
ISA Course work - A

What would my overall additional science grade will it be? (e.g A, B C...)

Another question - If I wanted to take A Level Chemistry (which has a requirement of an A and a B between Maths and Additional Science), but my overall grade is a B in science (so basically all the additional sciences together e.g Biology + Physics + Chemistry), however, My separate grade for Chemistry is an A, will they allow me to use the chemistry grade (which is an A) and the maths grade (which is a B)?
At the top of your sheet of grades you should already have the overall grade for your additional science If not you should add up the UMS for all of the additional since modules and search on AQA for the UMS grade boundaries for additional science and you will be able to work it out from there.
You need to ring up your college or sixth form and ask this. Have you not already been in for enrolment?
ncmy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hayley Williams)
At the top of your sheet of grades you should already have the overall grade for your additional science If not you should add up the UMS for all of the additional since modules and search on AQA for the UMS grade boundaries for additional science and you will be able to work it out from there.
You need to ring up your college or sixth form and ask this. Have you not already been in for enrolment?
I have already been in for enrolment, however, I really wanted to take A-level Chemistry. And for me to take A level Chemistry, I have to have at least one A and one B between both Maths and Additional Science. I have already received a B in Maths meaning that I need to have an A in Additional Science. However, I am not very close to getting an A in an overall regarding Additional Science. Therefore, I was wondering if I could separately use My GCSE Chemistry as support for taking A level chemistry. And to receive that A in my GCSE chemistry, I would have to remark both my chemistry papers!
Hayley Williams
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ncmy)
I have already been in for enrolment, however, I really wanted to take A-level Chemistry. And for me to take A level Chemistry, I have to have at least one A and one B between both Maths and Additional Science. I have already received a B in Maths meaning that I need to have an A in Additional Science. However, I am not very close to getting an A in an overall regarding Additional Science. Therefore, I was wondering if I could separately use My GCSE Chemistry as support for taking A level chemistry. And to receive that A in my GCSE chemistry, I would have to remark both my chemistry papers!
Well what did you actually get in your individual chemistry Units?
ncmy
Rep:
?
Well what did you actually get in your individual chemistry Units?
Unit 1 Chemistry = 77 (which is a B)
Unit 2 Chemistry = 76 (Which is also a B)
Hayley Williams
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ncmy)
Unit 1 Chemistry = 77 (which is a B)
Unit 2 Chemistry = 76 (Which is also a B)
So, in unit 1 you are 3 UMS from the A grade boundary and in Unit 2 you are 4 UMS from the A grade boundary. You could get them remarked if you are desperate to get A's in them to show your sixth form that you got A's in the individual units. But to make it clear, you don't have a separate GCSE in chemistry, only additional science, unless you did unit 3? Hopefully if you show them the modules that will be enough. GOOD LUCK.
ncmy
Rep:
?
So, in unit 1 you are 3 UMS from the A grade boundary and in Unit 2 you are 4 UMS from the A grade boundary. You could get them remarked if you are desperate to get A's in them to show your sixth form that you got A's in the individual units. But to make it clear, you don't have a separate GCSE in chemistry, only additional science, unless you did unit 3? Hopefully if you show them the modules that will be enough. GOOD LUCK.
I have just researched and found out that I could do Private studies? If I were to do private studies for Chemistry do you think that could be enough? Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise