The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Errr... are there no members of this soc?

I have IBS and its triggered by salads. I'm seeing my doc about it on Wednesday.

Surely there can't only be 2 IBS sufferers on TSR?
I have IBS, triggered mostly by wheat based products but also sometimes salad as well!
Reply 3
I didn't even know there was one. Anyway, mine gets triggered by wheat. (apart from noodles for some odd reason!)
Reply 4
Guys, have you been to see the doc about your IBS?
I suffer, it's awful. I have cramps pretty much every day, sometimes lasting the whole day.
No idea what my triggers are apart from fizzy drinks, sweets and stress.
It's got to the point where everything I eat makes me ill.
I just found out I have IBS. It can be awful. They are still going tests to see what might be causing it.
Reply 7
I have it. What really sets me off is eating straight after waking up (it hates mornings) because I have been lying on my stomach all night, and any change in my routine causes it to mess up completely. I'm healthiest when I am in college because of my routine, but when I am off and I can sleep whenever my health always goes downhill. :frown:

Luckily it's nowhere near as bad as it once was. It caused me to vomit so much that I was scared of eating, and any food I did eat wouldn't stay down. I had to get 10 crowns fitted because my teeth became so brittle. >.< Tis a very nasty illness.
Reply 8
I have IBS, had it for 9 years but the docs could only be bothered about doing something about it now. Mine is hereditary.

Mine is triggered by too much of anything rich- alcohol, chocolate, pizza etc. I also get it a lot from stress and from random changes in the weather.

Thankfully I've now got meds so if I start to feel bad then I can take them to resolve it.
My doctor told me I had it about a year ago. I have Coeliac as well which sucks! It was awful for about a year but its calmed down a bit now. Most of the time. Except when I eat stuff like fudge - my terrible weakness lol
Reply 10
I think I might have it, I get the symptoms when I eat stuff like pasta...
I thought everyone got it when they got stressed/nervous. :s-smilie:

Where else would the phrase "Im ******* myself" come from?
Guy 1: "Nervous about your exams?"
Guy 2: "Yeah, almost ******** myself"
Reply 12
i just found out i have it :frown:
I was diagnosed with IBS when I was 17. Mine's mainly stress/anxiety related.
Reply 14
Phil2008
I thought everyone got it when they got stressed/nervous. :s-smilie:

Where else would the phrase "Im ******* myself" come from?
Guy 1: "Nervous about your exams?"
Guy 2: "Yeah, almost ******* myself"

People **** themselves when they're very scared. I don't think too many healthy people **** themselves when they get stressed...
Formica
People **** themselves when they're very scared. I don't think too many healthy people **** themselves when they get stressed...
Hence the term, "**** scared". :wink:
If you have symptoms of IBS, try getting more sleep, seriously.
Reply 17
Mine is mostly due to hormones and after a heavy night of drinking lol!

I used to get it really bad and then the doctortold me I had a lactose intolerance, and since then its been alright :biggrin:
Yeah, i've got it, too. Mine is triggered by stress, and eating pasta and too much bread. The Drs thought i had Crohns for a while coz my symptoms were so bad :frown:
Reply 19
Folks, what does the doc do when you go to see them about it for the first time?

Latest

Trending

Trending