The Student Room Group

HELP got the worst AS RESULTS

I got a B in As media Studies but two U's in Psychology & English Literature as I've only just got back from holiday I've just found out and I don't know what to do!! Is my only option retaking the year please help :frown:
Apparently AQA marked psychology and English lit in a suspicious way so you should ask for a remark everyone's having issues with those two subjects
I'd get straight on the your teachers and tutors see what they advice and then defo consider remarks. What were you predicted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Retaking the year might mean retaking all your A-levels in the same year as I'm not sure there will be any papers written for the current specification in 2017 so you should think carefully about that option...

Also, I agree with the poster who said you should get remarks. But keep in mind that remarks very rarely go up significantly and the best improvement you might realistically expect it to go from a U to a D/E.
Reply 5
Original post by Hydeman
Retaking the year might mean retaking all your A-levels in the same year as I'm not sure there will be any papers written for the current specification in 2017 so you should think carefully about that option...

Also, I agree with the poster who said you should get remarks. But keep in mind that remarks very rarely go up significantly and the best improvement you might realistically expect it to go from a U to a D/E.

I will definetley ask for a remark, but I think that my only other option is to retake the year unless there is anything else to do
Reply 6
Original post by Mini-jale96
I'd get straight on the your teachers and tutors see what they advice and then defo consider remarks. What were you predicted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi I was predicted B's
Reply 7

Thank you, I will defintley start that
Reply 8
You could nkt apply for uni this year. Redo your AS modules and do A2. This will be sooooo hard , its possible. Then take a gap year and apply with your better Alevel results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kimthiks
Thank you, I will defintley start that

you're welcome! :biggrin: i saw this thread ealier but imagine if AQA did not mark the papers properly!
get it remarked everyones eng lit/pychology in my school seemed strange
Reply 11
Original post by danno96
You could nkt apply for uni this year. Redo your AS modules and do A2. This will be sooooo hard , its possible. Then take a gap year and apply with your better Alevel results

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean redo the modules and continue with A2?
Reply 12
Original post by noticemesenpai
you're welcome! :biggrin: i saw this thread ealier but imagine if AQA did not mark the papers properly!

I hope I can at least climb to a D, if not I guess I will remark again
Original post by kimthiks
Hi I was predicted B's

Then you should defo talk to your teachers and get the script back. The examiners do get it wrong sometimes I had a mate who's exam was marked as E he got it back and had it looked at then remarked and it went up to C

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest