Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What did anyone think of it?

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA, but I did B so it's not particularily relevant, but I thought it was good. There will be variations within the A anyway, because of the different options. Ours was 3 one hour exams, what was yours? Mine didn't feel like 3 hours, I was ready to do another one :-D

-=X=-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xulfer)
    I did AQA, but I did B so it's not particularily relevant, but I thought it was good. There will be variations within the A anyway, because of the different options. Ours was 3 one hour exams, what was yours? Mine didn't feel like 3 hours, I was ready to do another one :-D

-=X=-
    ours didnt have options...you just had to learn 6 modules ..for 3 1 hour exams...physical, human and skills ...i forgot my water bottle and was so dehydrated halfway through

ReputationRep:
    They don't let us have water. Someone took a bottle in, and they confiscated it. Our school is too strict, can you imagine, we're not allowed our hair cut less than a number 4, or it can't be longer than collar length, this is in sixth form too. Plus you have to wear suits :mad:

-=X=-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xulfer)

-=X=-
    Alright mate and good to see you got on well. I know we did different options, but trust me - the compulsory paper 1 was ridiculously easy compared to January.

ReputationRep:
    i took aqa a syllabus, i just learnt 3 topics and answered them,(coast, techtonics,weather) weather was particularly easy and i thought the others were reasonable although a couple of map questions are tricky

ReputationRep:
    i did aqa a as well and it wasn't too bad......but the maps questions was a bit.........not nice:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    There was absolutely nothing on weather on our paper. Which is kinda good 'coz I wasn't too sure on it

Glad you found it easy too mobbdeeprob

-=X=-

ReputationRep:
    I was really bricking it beforehand though! Weather didn't come up in January and they can could have asked some *mean* questions on that if they wanted to.

Do you have the text book written by the Chief Examiner? Probably, for me, the hardest question they could ask is about the specific condititions and cloud types on the fronts in a depression, or even the basic formation of the occluded front is infinitely more complex than what they did ask.

Did you find that you repeated similar stuff for the River Valley Long Profile question - about points C and D in particular?

ReputationRep:
    Yep...I was writing the same things for the long profile as for the cross profile too The question was a bit dodgy, but all geography questions are a bit open ended, annoyingly. Except for the short 2 mark questions. For C and D, D was the lower course, and C was the middle course, right? Unless you didn't learn that there was a middle course. The middle course is kinda vague, it's just a bit of upper and a bit of lower, as in the start of the meanders but still has waterfalls, and the cross profile is similar. I didn't even bother writing about B, I just wrote about A and I still ran out of space.

-=X=-

ReputationRep:
    Ah, there were loads of gimmes on that paper, which didn't happen nearly so much in January. The FDI question was a gimme.

Which of the environmental options did you choose? I chose the greenhouse emissions one and knew the process inside out, but feck all about stuff in LEDCs - I talked about Kyoto, the World Summit and the UN loads. Then blagged all I could about cars and urbanisation.

The old people question was a bit annoying, but I doubt I dropped many for the thing overall - I want around 105 UMS.

The investigation question was the most simple they could give - I can remember it being a bit trickier in Jan, not that I had enough time to do it then, lol.

ReputationRep:
    The investigation question was the one I hadn't revised, we'd been given about 3 different model answers from our teacher and it wasn't one of them so that was a *****. I didn't know what FDI was - never heard of it - but I guessed it was government subsidies given to overseas investment. I chose the greenhouse stuff, because I'd looked at the deforestation and the acid deposition in my notes and thought "I'd never need that" so therefore, it turned up as a 7 mark question. Damn.

-=X=-

ReputationRep:
    Hi well i must have done the stupidest thing on that human geog paper, i did both sections! theres me thinking i never did this stuff and with 10 mins left discover i was supposed to do the T section! I completed every single question in that paper! shouldnt I get extra points :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monkey_Maiden)
    Hi well i must have done the stupidest thing on that human geog paper, i did both sections! theres me thinking i never did this stuff and with 10 mins left discover i was supposed to do the T section! I completed every single question in that paper! shouldnt I get extra points :rolleyes:
    Ouch you actually run the risk of two different things 1. they will penalise you for doing that and 2. they will only mark the 1st part of each section so if you did better on 2nd parts then tough luck.

ALWAYS READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!

ReputationRep:
    none of these are spec A did ne1 do this?

ReputationRep:
    monkey maiden - don't worry about it mate. I did the same thing (doh!) in my AS human exam last year - they mark both and put forward the highest scoring question... I still got an A!!!

ReputationRep:
    sassy siren i did spec a

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by recurring)
    sassy siren i did spec a
    but coasts nd tectonics arent in aqa spec a!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.