username968420
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am transferring university for my 3rd year of study. Should I do Greenwich Economics BSC or De Montfort Economics and Finance BSC?

Thanks
migh_and_highty
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You can transfer within third year? Thats surprising...

If both courses look equally good, explore the unis or google maps it, make your own informed decision
username968420
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by migh_and_highty)
You can transfer within third year? Thats surprising...

If both courses look equally good, explore the unis or google maps it, make your own informed decision
Yes I can transfer as my modules are very similar. Course wise, they are both just as good but what university do you think is more respected?
migh_and_highty
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by neha11)
Yes I can transfer as my modules are very similar. Course wise, they are both just as good but what university do you think is more respected?
Well according to guardians rankings, DMU slightly edges Greenwich in economics.
http://www.theguardian.com/education...-for-economics

Beyond IT facilities, Economics isn't really the subject where facilities are a big concern, so look at the buildings and see which one you like. DMU's building for business subjects is Hugh Aston (big blue one)

Neither course is accredited, so either choose by the campus (google street view them) or the modules (on both websites).

If you still can't choose, flip a coin.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes but what university is more respected to employers? Or are they possibly just as respected as each other?
migh_and_highty
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Charliecy)
Yes but what university is more respected to employers? Or are they possibly just as respected as each other?
Yeah i'd say it's pretty equal. Neither course is accredited, so the most you can get out of it is the classification you get at the end.
In recent years though, DMU is probably more respected after their big jump in the league tables.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah I have a feeling DMU will continue to increase. I think Greenwich is seen as a bad university and may be a disadvantage when applying to jobs.
migh_and_highty
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah I have a feeling DMU will continue to increase. I think Greenwich is seen as a bad university and may be a disadvantage when applying to jobs.
They aren't bad, at least according to the tables. But to tell you the truth this post is the first i've heard of them, but either one you can't go wrong.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well, I mean Greenwich's overall ranking being 107 seems pretty bad as the highest they've ever been is 95 on the ranking, according to the complete university guide. However, for economics they both seem pretty decent.
alexp98
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Well, I mean Greenwich's overall ranking being 107 seems pretty bad as the highest they've ever been is 95 on the ranking, according to the complete university guide. However, for economics they both seem pretty decent.
Both are fine and respected as each other. Economics isn't that great at DMU as i've been doing my research and wanted to do that first. Now i've decided on accounting and finance and this is good at DMU. Just go to open days and see which you prefer. Employers won't care which one you have gone to
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How come DMU isn't great for economics? Yeah I've also gathered accounting and finance there is pretty good.
alexp98
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How come DMU isn't great for economics? Yeah I've also gathered accounting and finance there is pretty good.
Nice, how did you gather accounting was good there?
Regarding Econ it's because i've been to a lot of taste lectures and din't like it and know a few people who have gone there. Also you spend a lot of time from people on other courses due to the shared modules which is bad imo as you don't get to know enough people on your own course which can come very handy.
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I only know they're good for Accounting and Finance due to online research and the league tables from 2008-2016 seems pretty strong. I may be transferring to DMU third year entry for Economics and Finance BSC. I wouldn't want to do pure Econimics there as its a BA and their finance course does seem better. However, I may also consider Greenwich Economics BSC as this means I can commute from home but with DMU I would have to live out. It's a gamble but many people say it doesn't matter which one I attend as the course isn't accredited. It is however tempting to go DMU just because the university is more respected. I've also seen a few firms recruiting and specifically want graduates from a "top 50 or above university", however, this may just be a one off.
Imanka.Amarakoon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Please helpWhich one is better for an Bsc In ICT realted degree
Imanka.Amarakoon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Please Help im a student in a foreign country we have partners of both Greenwich And Demount i need to know which one is better for an BSC in Computer science or networking degree
Thank You
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (4)
8.16%
I need help researching courses (4)
8.16%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
6.12%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
48.98%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (10)
20.41%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.04%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
6.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise