Turn on thread page Beta

postal voting watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    a quick reminder that postal votes have to be posted by tomorrow (tuesday the 8th) if you're in one of the areas that are doing it postally. if you miss the post, you can take it to your town hall by thursday.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)
    a quick reminder that postal votes have to be posted by tomorrow (tuesday the 8th) if you're in one of the areas that are doing it postally. if you miss the post, you can take it to your town hall by thursday.

lou xxx
    I was a good boy and did mine last week. I also voted on behalf of my dad, mum, sister and girlfriend. That makes me 5 times a normal citizen!

ReputationRep:
    how old do you have to be to vote?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james101)
    how old do you have to be to vote?

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    i did my *welsh* vote by post today...ive never been so confused in all my life. i expected it to be put a cross in a box and post it back...but it was put one cross on the white sheet, 2 on the purple and 3 on the orange...then sign this and that then atempt to seal random pieces of folded paper!

i dont even know if i did it right. i did expect a booklet telling me how to do it. quite annoyed actually!

get my first proper vote on thursday!!!

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    i did my *welsh* vote by post today...ive never been so confused in all my life. i expected it to be put a cross in a box and post it back...but it was put one cross on the white sheet, 2 on the purple and 3 on the orange...then sign this and that then atempt to seal random pieces of folded paper!

i dont even know if i did it right. i did expect a booklet telling me how to do it. quite annoyed actually!

get my first proper vote on thursday!!!

love Katy ***
    In our local elections, we were allowed 3 votes. However, I only used 1 as the only candidates were Labour, Tory, Lib Dem and Greens - so I voted Greens and no-one else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    In our local elections, we were allowed 3 votes. However, I only used 1 as the only candidates were Labour, Tory, Lib Dem and Greens - so I voted Greens and no-one else.
    we were allowed 3 as well.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    :eek: i didnt get one??

ReputationRep:
    bugger...i've just realised that my poll card was in one of the folders i sent home with my parents, which means i can't vote (as i'm meant to be voting here...).

EDIT - it would appear i haven't sent it home, found it one of the random boxes in my room, so i can still vote!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bradders)
    So that's a good few votes for the UK Independence party
    Of course!! Me being that great big nationalist and everything!

#"God save our gracious Queen..."#

As my father has always taught me: "The proletariat has no fatherland"

ReputationRep:

lou xxx
    I'm not 18 so i can't vote yet

But my parents and sister fillled in their forms today but the envelope A wasn't big enough lol It's such a farce it's never going to work :rolleyes: Typical government :rolleyes:

Any can someone explain to me why you have 3 votes in a democracy :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Sitting here being 16 and watching the country go by without my input. *sighs*. First time i'll get to vote will probably be the constitution referendum. Ah well, at least if the tories (or the BNP or UKIP) do well I can blame everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
    I'm not 18 so i can't vote yet

But my parents and sister fillled in their forms today but the envelope A wasn't big enough lol It's such a farce it's never going to work :rolleyes: Typical government :rolleyes:

Any can someone explain to me why you have 3 votes in a democracy :confused:
    because there's 3 seats in the locall elections.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixelfairy #1)
    I notice that as well!!! You would have thought someone would have come up with the bright idea of checking envelope sizes before posting stuff out!

ReputationRep:
    I notice that as well!!! You would have thought someone would have come up with the bright idea of checking envelope sizes before posting stuff out!
    mine was fine :confused:

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    mine was fine :confused:

lou xxx
    Perhaps its just us simple Stockport folk who havent got used to such new-fangled concepts as the postal service.

ReputationRep:
    i cant vote but i dont really think postal votings safe and i would prefer to vote at the town hall

i finally made my mother sit down and fill it..for her to ask why this time there were 3 votes when last time only one- i told her it was because it was the local election and her response was- oh ive never voted for this one before...but now she has however she asked me who she should vote for in the european election..

and ooh i get to spend thursday night at the town hall as a guest of the liberal democrats..go me

ReputationRep:

mine didnt fit either....had to scrumple it up to fit it in.

chicken: you can vote without your poling card but you need to take id and it may take longer.

i voted by post in the *welsh* elections as im in exeter....but if i didnt have the choice and had to vote by post in all elections..i wouldnt on principle that i want to go and cross the box.

love Katy ***
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    An old lady got arrested today for sitting on the side of a busy dual carraigeway with a UKIP poster propped up on a deckchair.

Put my right off voting for them if they're that desperate for publicity they think that breaking the law is ok.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.