What was your high school 'band' named? Watch

minimarshmallow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Some people were actually in bands in high school, I just played an instrument and wanted to start one. We had potential members who could play the right instruments, but it never went anywhere.
We had a name, it was beautiful, we were all proper emo with the eyeliner and the fringe that was far too long.

Our name:
Broken Roses.

Oh, the shame.

So, what was yours?
minimarshmallow
Rep:
?
And if you never named your band, or you weren't in one but liked to write songs that you now realise are terrible, share those too.

I had a song that I titled 'Three minute miracle' - which I started to put together from the name of the Aussie Shampoo product, but am now realising it could be a euphemism for an adult toy.
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Was this one of your songs per chance?

Never really got as far as naming the band tbh - friends with a guy who can play bass and drums, as well as a guitarist and a couple of singers, we talked about forming a band, jammed for one session together then sort of just stopped. I'd definitely look to do something once I've re-learnt the guitar a bit though.
minimarshmallow
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Was this one of your songs per chance?

Never really got as far as naming the band tbh - friends with a guy who can play bass and drums, as well as a guitarist and a couple of singers, we talked about forming a band, jammed for one session together then sort of just stopped. I'd definitely look to do something once I've re-learnt the guitar a bit though.
Definitely should have been!

PRSOM!
minimarshmallow
Rep:
?
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
I'd definitely look to do something once I've re-learnt the guitar a bit though.
Dude, I'm a drummer. TSR Support Team Band.

No, wait, that's worse than Broken Roses.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by minimarshmallow)
Dude, I'm a drummer. TSR Support Team Band.

No, wait, that's worse than Broken Roses.
Pfft, it's the TSR Supporting Act. Never gonna headline anything.
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We never even thought of a name

Even though we performed several times in our school we were just referred to as "the sixth form band" as we'd never asked to be called anything.
EllisJJohnson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Beaver Asylum xD
minimarshmallow
Rep:
?
(Original post by EllisJJohnson)
Beaver Asylum xD
This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

Any memories of how you came up with that?
EllisJJohnson
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
This is exactly the kind of thing I was looking for.

Any memories of how you came up with that?
I used to draw pictures of really demented-looking beavers and animals at the time and then my friend just suggested beaver asylum.
SmellySmeagle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My band was "Manufactured Neighbourhood" and the only song we ever wrote was "feeling sick" - a song about heroin users
minimarshmallow
Rep:
?
(Original post by SmellySmeagle)
My band was "Manufactured Neighbourhood" and the only song we ever wrote was "feeling sick" - a song about heroin users
Yeah, that's one way to describe heroin users...
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
My friend and I had a slam band called Feotal Boetle - it was me on the bassoon and her on the recorder/triangle with a drum machine and someone screaming over the top. We never got a gig, or had a rehearsal. We had some great concept art and lyrics though.
Paulwyn
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Bass in a dreadful pop punk band called Marzipan (oh the horror of knee high rainbow socks with boardies). Alas, musical differences tore is a apart...I wanted to go more emo, one wanted ska and our singer fancied himself a card carrying Libertine
Zargabaath
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We had "Sons of the patriots" after the game series MGS, then we changed it to "The Grange" because that's where 2 of the band members lived. We practised for like half a year and only wrote half a song, the rest of the time we just did Rage Against the Machine covers lol. That was a lot of fun.
sandvika
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I never went to high school. I'm not American.

Posted from TSR Mobile
minimarshmallow
Rep:
?
(Original post by sandvika)
I never went to high school. I'm not American.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Secondary school is regularly referred to as high school in the UK. Everybody else understood.
sandvika
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Secondary school is regularly referred to as high school in the UK. Everybody else understood.
Doesn't mean it is correct
minimarshmallow
Rep:
?
(Original post by sandvika)
Doesn't mean it is correct
I'll bear that in mind next time my accuracy makes the slightest bit of difference.
(All of the high schools in my town are called ______ High School)

Were you in a 'band' at SECONDARY school?
sandvika
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'll bear that in mind next time my accuracy makes the slightest bit of difference.
(All of the high schools in my town are called ______ High School)

Were you in a 'band' at SECONDARY school?
yeah but we never agreed on a name, my friend wanted to call it something really bent
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (294)
65.63%
No (154)
34.38%

Watched Threads