The Student Room Group

Can i do a Photography Degree if i've just completed an Access to HE in Humanities?

My First post on here, i'm looking into Degrees for 2016, and i was wondering if it would be acceptable to do a Photography degree coming from a Humanities Access Course in college?
Original post by Mr.Valentine
My First post on here, i'm looking into Degrees for 2016, and i was wondering if it would be acceptable to do a Photography degree coming from a Humanities Access Course in college?

I would contact each individual university to ask whether they would consider it or not as some courses may want an art background.
Reply 2

Each uni can set its own entry requirements, so you need to contact a few and ask. With a photography degree, they might be more interested in seeing a portfolio of your work, or they might even prefer a Foundation Degree/Year to an Access course. But you won't know for sure unless you ask each uni you might want to attend.

Hi Mr. Valentine,

Your university of choice might ask you to do a foundation course before you go onto a Photography course so you can have time to sort out a portfolio and learn some skills. For foundation courses you usually need just GCSE's (we require 4 GCSE's grade C and above)

Although, if you already have a photography portfolio in progress or have time to build one up between this year and next year; you can do that..

Do let us know if you need anything and feel free to check our website for info on the Digital Photography course! :smile:

Best wishes

Bee :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending