ScarlettHolmes
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am taking French for GSCE but I don't know which textbooks would be most helpful.
I am very good at French and to get A* at GSCE my teacher said I need more new vocabulary and to improve my listening
Edminzodo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ScarlettHolmes)
I am taking French for GSCE but I don't know which textbooks would be most helpful.
I am very good at French and to get A* at GSCE my teacher said I need more new vocabulary and to improve my listening
Encore Tricolore?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ExRN
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I haven't studied French since school but in my adult years I have studied Italian and Spanish. The best resources I know for listening would be the assimil series. It is a French company that is extremely popular on the continent. You can pick the book up "french with ease" for around £20. Each lesson is a short dialogue that introduces new grammar and vocab as it goes. There are around 100 lessons in the with ease series. Vocab wise you will reach 3000 words or so. I did the Italian and Spanish version in the passive wave and then moved onto native materials for listening. Depending on your level, you could start watching series dubbed into French witg the French subtitles to aid. Don't put English subtitles on because your brain will only concentrate on the one it understands and you will learn nothing.
ScarlettHolmes
Rep:
?
(Original post by Edminzodo)
Encore Tricolore?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you
ExRN
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ScarlettHolmes)
Thank you
Why dismiss what I said? If you read any post from anyone that's a polyglot you will find assimil to be the number one method.
ScarlettHolmes
Rep:
?
(Original post by ExRN)
Why dismiss what I said? If you read any post from anyone that's a polyglot you will find assimil to be the number one method.
Oh my god I'm very sorry I thought I replied to you but my phone must have mixed up or something.Your comment was most helpful and in fact I'm going to try what you advised me to.I'm new here so I sometimes get into little muddles.
Anyway thank you a lot for taking your time to answer this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University for the Creative Arts
    Sun, 20 Oct '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    Sun, 20 Oct '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (56)
67.47%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.69%
Yes but I might change my mind (9)
10.84%

Watched Threads