The Student Room Group

Zoology or Dietetics? 😯

Poll

What do you recommend?

Hi there,
Got my GCSE grades, passed them all, including maths-thank God 👌

So, for my a levels I have chosen to start Double award health and social care, home economics and biology.

As you may have seen on another post of mine, I am very interested in studying zoology at uni.
But recently I've thought about putting home economics to good use too , and I'm considering dietetics... What should I do?

Also, this is really unrelated but I got an A* in business studies GCSEs and everyone like my parents and teachers say I should do it for a level as I'd get a good grade, I don't mind but not fussed...I dunno what to do there either 😯

But anyway, should I do zoology or dietetics? What do you guys think? 😁
(edited 8 years ago)
P.s. Please also comment if you're interested in, doing or have have done either of these two subjects.

Thank you 💛
I got A's in business and ICT and people told me to do those at A-level however I quickly got bored of them and decided to do A-levels in science. I got a B in core science and A in additional science.
Zoology is actually a challenging degree to get into which seems to always be full and with high grade needed usually ABB-AAA near me which includes chemistry and biology. Only (I think) biology will go with zoology at university. I would recommend looking at the requirements for the university you want to go to using the www.ucas.com website.
Dietetics, I'm not sure what it is but I have a simple idea from the name. I'd think health and social will go with that.

Always remember that you should do the A-levels that best suit you, and remember to look at university requirements for what degree you want to go in.
If you get good grades with those you might also be interested in midwifery or nursing? :smile:
Original post by KingAuthor
I got A's in business and ICT and people told me to do those at A-level however I quickly got bored of them and decided to do A-levels in science. I got a B in core science and A in additional science.
Zoology is actually a challenging degree to get into which seems to always be full and with high grade needed usually ABB-AAA near me which includes chemistry and biology. Only (I think) biology will go with zoology at university. I would recommend looking at the requirements for the university you want to go to using the www.ucas.com website.
Dietetics, I'm not sure what it is but I have a simple idea from the name. I'd think health and social will go with that.

Always remember that you should do the A-levels that best suit you, and remember to look at university requirements for what degree you want to go in.
If you get good grades with those you might also be interested in midwifery or nursing? :smile:

Thank you! ☺️
Yeah, I think business studies would be boring, I thought that in GCSEs too!
I think some uni s allow just biology, for some reason, some allow home economics as a science subject 😯... I've noticed chemistry also seems to be required as well...not a fan of it 😥
I'll defo check the ucas website!
Yeah, thought about those two as well, haven't really thought of an interest in those though, but. Thank you all the same for the reply 👌😉

Quick Reply