This discussion is closed.
Bezza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by timeofyourlife)
what sort of things has stringy done?
if you have access to the same stuff as pig, surely you can find out for yourself?
Tyler Durden
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
For someone to do something like this they must have had a reason to do so. Do you have an IP for this stringy account and why don't your cross check it with everyone else? I don't see who would do something as obscure as edit one of Zapsta's posts for no reason.
SilverWings
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Vienna)
So either it was an administrator or someone that had been given administration access, or a stranger was able to 'hack' into Administration level, alter that post, and then disappear.
Well done Sherlock
Zapsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
What's Daveo got to do with the editing of your thread? His account has been no where near it.
Not a lot. I was just making the comparison between what mods can get away with and what normal members can, which required a mention of Daveo banning me and the situation in which he did for me to do so. I also know that I checked the thread shortly after I was banned and it was unchanged.

(Original post by Zapsta)
This all happened, by the way, whilst I was banned, or at least on leave after being banned
I said that right back at the beginning of this, before wbl was even mentioned. I wouldn't lie, and I certainly don't have the gift of foresight to know when it's required to do so.
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bezza)
if you have access to the same stuff as pig, surely you can find out for yourself?
Moderators can't view logs.
Muse
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bezza)
Nope, pig has AdminCP. ModCP leaves the stringy account much a mystery, it has over 500 posts but no post history (not even in bad threads), there is an e-mail address associated with the account and there's no clue as to how it managed to get admin privs.
HearTheThunder
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ok so erm.. what now?
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
For someone to do something like this they must have had a reason to do so. Do you have an IP for this stringy account and why don't your cross check it with everyone else? I don't see who would do something as obscure as edit one of Zapsta's posts for no reason.
A well hidden proxy.
Bezza
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nope, pig has AdminCP. ModCP leaves the stringy account much a mystery, it has over 500 posts but no post history (not even in bad threads), there is an e-mail address associated with the account and there's no clue as to how it managed to get admin privs.
but you posted earlier in this thread a copy of the log from when this was altered and also said it was done by an account associated with wbl - how did you manage to do this if you can't see the logs?
Johnny 5
Report 13 years ago
By the way, whose posts/signatures has he edited? Just to help us to see what kind of person this man is...
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Bezza)
but you posted earlier in this thread a copy of the log from when this was altered and also said it was done by an account associated with wbl - how did you manage to do this if you can't see the logs?
mods can see the thread logs (i.e. what actions mods did on each thread)
Trigger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
is it really this important now?
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Not a lot. I was just making the comparison between what mods can get away with and what normal members can, which required a mention of Daveo banning me and the situation in which he did for me to do so. I also know that I checked the thread shortly after I was banned and it was unchanged.

I said that right back at the beginning of this, before wbl was even mentioned. I wouldn't lie, and I certainly don't have the gift of foresight to know when it's required to do so.
When were you banned? You're saying that the logs are wrong? :confused:
Johnny 5
Report 13 years ago
So, stringy is wbl?

So wbl is someone who dislikes Zapsta? And Vienna?

And would also be able to use the TSR AdminCP, or get into it somehow?

I think I could give it a guess.
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by trigger)
is it really this important now?
I think the fact that an uknown member has managed to edit sigs, posts etc is pretty important.
Vienna
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by englishstudent)
Indeed, hardly seems to be random whatsoever.

I hope the moderators will now remove the image from Zapstas original post.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by 2 + 2 = 5)
So, stringy is wbl?

So wbl is someone who dislikes Zapsta? And Vienna?

And would also be able to use the TSR AdminCP, or get into it somehow?

I think I could give it a guess.
wbl dislikes zappy? :eek: :mad: :mad:
Muse
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
I think the fact that an uknown member has managed to to edit sigs, posts etc is pretty important.
Agreed!
Johnny 5
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TK)
wbl dislikes zappy? :eek: :mad: :mad:
Did you read the thread? :p:
Sam2k
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by PadFoot90)
I think the fact that an uknown member has managed to to edit sigs, posts etc is pretty important.
Not if it was done 6 months ago and hasn't happened since.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (58)
19.46%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (119)
39.93%
Nope, not that interesting (121)
40.6%

Watched Threads