Best Revision Guides for A Level courses? Watch

Charli309
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi just starting sixth form and wanted to get ahead, what revision guides would you recommend for the following A Levels:
Economics
Mathematics
Biology
Chemistry.
I have used CGP for the past few years at GCSE, however do not know if they will be any good at A Level. Note all above 4 A Levels are with AQA.
Thanks in advance.
LearnOnline
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Charli309)
Hi just starting sixth form and wanted to get ahead, what revision guides would you recommend for the following A Levels:
Economics
Mathematics
Biology
Chemistry.
I have used CGP for the past few years at GCSE, however do not know if they will be any good at A Level. Note all above 4 A Levels are with AQA.
Thanks in advance.
I assume that you are taking the new 2015 syllabus classes, meaning all of the text books for the course will have just been rewritten so you should find the AQA text books are spot on for the course

AQA Economics
Yellow2914
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
CGP are actually not that bad at A level, but I would still get the offical AQA books.

If you can afford both, I guess it would help, I know I bought both the CGP and the offical books for Maths and Chemistry.
LeFailFish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Charli309)
Economics
Mathematics
Biology
Chemistry.
Thanks in advance.
I did AQA Biology and Chemistry (I was on Edexcel for Maths). For Biology, I revised using the AQA Nelson Thornes textbook and the CGP revision guide primarily, but my teacher also gave me a Bath University Biology textbook for 'wider reading' at A2 to get information to use in the unit 5 essay (which I assume still exists in the new course?). But that level of reading would only be needed if you're aiming for an A*. For Chemistry, I was given the CGP textbook and I bought the CGP revision guide and the OxBox Oxford Chemistry for AQA textbook. I spent most of my time revising from the latter as it seemed to have the most information and the nicest layout.

As the way A level work is changing in September though it's possible textbooks are changing too for new syllabuses to I would check with your teachers before making any purchases.
Charli309
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Thanks to all who replied, will take on the advice given.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (362)
59.25%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.4%