The Student Room Group

What are medicine offers based on?

Hi, so I just received my 4 AS exam results and I'm repeating 2 of them in my a2 year. Deadline for medicine is 15th October.. Does anyone know what universities base their offers on? Apart from gcses, personal statement and ukcat? Because my gcses aren't the best and pretty sure il fail ukcat, but I was hoping on doing well in my a2s and my other 2 AS's to get me in.. So because I didn't get 4as, will all universities reject me automatically when they see my AS grades and gcses? Particularly QUB / Dundee..
Original post by Chembio123
Hi, so I just received my 4 AS exam results and I'm repeating 2 of them in my a2 year. Deadline for medicine is 15th October.. Does anyone know what universities base their offers on? Apart from gcses, personal statement and ukcat? Because my gcses aren't the best and pretty sure il fail ukcat, but I was hoping on doing well in my a2s and my other 2 AS's to get me in.. So because I didn't get 4as, will all universities reject me automatically when they see my AS grades and gcses? Particularly QUB / Dundee..

For most unis, your predicted A Level grades are most important. If you're predicted AAA+ that is the most important thing.

Have a look at this article on applying to your strengths -
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_Medical_School_using_your_Strengths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending