HenryKenry
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Want to retake one unit- AS level, will my sixth form make me pay? If so how much?? Its AQA Sociology Unit 2

Thank You
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by HenryKenry)
Want to retake one unit- AS level, will my sixth form make me pay? If so how much?? Its AQA Sociology Unit 2

Thank You
Most schools charge for retakes and the fee is usually the cost on the AQA website. Ask when you go back what the procedure is as you'll need to make sure the school enters you.
HenryKenry
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Most schools charge for retakes and the fee is usually the cost on the AQA website. Ask when you go back what the procedure is as you'll need to make sure the school enters you.
Whats the deadline for entry?
troubadour.
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
Whats the deadline for entry?
For June exams it's usually in March.
Zebadee321
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes you will probably have to pay. I retook Edexcel Geography and it was £27. I am sure that edexcel was the most expensive exam board. Talk to your teacher they will know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
HenryKenry
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hydeman)
For June exams it's usually in March.
Oh thats cool! I shall keep reminding my teachers though,

Tanx
Midgeymoo17
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yes they almost certainly will as the college does not receive funding for resits in the same way it does for original exams. How much? You need to ask your college what they are charging because:

You Pay= Exam Enterance + College Administration Fee.

And the college will set the admin cost. But you could expect up to £60 most commonly 25-30 I believe. Not 100% on this.
HenryKenry
Rep:
?
(Original post by Midgeymoo17)
Yes they almost certainly will as the college does not receive funding for resits in the same way it does for original exams. How much? You need to ask your college what they are charging because:

You Pay= Exam Enterance + College Administration Fee.

And the college will set the admin cost. But you could expect up to £60 most commonly 25-30 I believe. Not 100% on this.
Thats not too bad if its up to 30 quid, im glad its just the one exam im retaking I can imagine it could be really difficult for people retaking multiple exams.
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thats not too bad if its up to 30 quid, im glad its just the one exam im retaking I can imagine it could be really difficult for people retaking multiple exams.
There is not normally an admin fee as they are already putting you in for other exams in that subject with that board.
SCAR H
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There is not normally an admin fee as they are already putting you in for other exams in that subject with that board.
How much is it for your school?
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SCAR H)
How much is it for your school?
The fees for 2016 are here plus dates:

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/admin/li...-2015-2016.PDF
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You will probably have to pay. The exam board fee is a bit under £30, your school might add on a bit for their extra admin etc but it is likely to total £19-£30.

The entry deadline is 21 February 2016, though your school is likely to want to get the entries sorted a decent while before half term so think of it as the end of January.
Midgeymoo17
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah as soon as I wrote that I had a feeling that admin fee may just apply to private candidates.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (59)
29.21%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
7.43%
No I am happy with my choice (112)
55.45%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (16)
7.92%

Watched Threads