Why is it so hard to be healthy??? :(

Watch
TheGoldenBean
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I just want to be healthy and slim but all I think about is food and then I eat it and curse myself for it after and swear to make better choices and then do the same again. Where is my willpower? how can I actually have a healthy lifestyle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
TheGoldenBean
Rep:
?
Have you managed to lose any weight so far? I swear everyday I begin with the intentions to eat healthily and stick to a diet but then fail miserably. My breakfast is healthy at least but by the end of the day it's just blurgghhh. I don't understand how people can do it! I am very envious!

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1530463
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheGoldenBean)
I just want to be healthy and slim but all I think about is food and then I eat it and curse myself for it after and swear to make better choices and then do the same again. Where is my willpower? how can I actually have a healthy lifestyle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
We have evolved to desire sugar to get quick energy for hunting. Why do you think we're better hunters than all other animals.
TheGoldenBean
Rep:
?
Yeah I've heard your tastebuds change and you crave healthy foods after a while, why can't that just happen after 24 hours? It would be so much easier lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
saeed97
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im want to start working out, i need to make all kinda gainzz in the next month.
TheGoldenBean
Rep:
?
(Original post by asmuse123)
We have evolved to desire sugar to get quick energy for hunting. Why do you think we're better hunters than all other animals.
But there are still loads of people who live healthy lifestyles despite that

Posted from TSR Mobile
FlyingNinja1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
1st world problemas
Flather
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Try tracking your macros, that always helps me. On days when I don't track my macros I tend to eat a lot more **** than I do when I'm tracking as I am accountable and can visualise the mistakes I made
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
It's not hard. It's a matter of habit and priority and the process of changing your thinking initially is the only bit that can be challenging. Any lifestyle change is the same, stopping smoking is challenging but once you get past a certain point you've changed your thinking and it's not that hard.

You need to change your sense of normal eating and have healthier options that spring to mind when you think about what you want to eat which happen with time. You also need to change what thoughts you prioritise. I like cake, a lot, but I want to not be fat and have reasonable teeth enough to not eat several slices a day. At first that's going to take some actual reminding yourself of the not getting fat when you are looking at that bit of cake.
shawn_o1
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Save money by not over-spending it on food
Doctor_Einstein
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can't blame yourself, there is a multi billion dollar industry devoted to making you think about unhealthy foods and steer you off course from following a healthy lifestyle.
Prince_fancybum
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Plan your meals before your hungry. If you wait until your starving to eat you'll end up eating going for fast, unhealthy food whereas if you plan ahead and cook your own meals, whilst considering the nutritious values of the ingredients you'll eat a lot healthier. Try to avoid snacking as you're more likely to snack in biscuits and chocolate than fruit.
Finally don't try to make you're diet perfect and super healthy as it's never going to work, you can have treats occasionally, a couple of chocolate bars a week aren't going to kill you, but they'll make your diet much more manageable.
Princess31
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Ita like the OP is me
judogainz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Its not hard to be healthy, you are just making excuses.

Mental strength bruh
judogainz
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Its not hard to be healthy, you are just making excuses.Mental strength bruh
CinnamonTan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you tried my fitness pal (app and website) to help track your calories and macros.
In most cases when you make the right choices you can have up to 6 small meals a day!
(Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack.)

Here's my best tips for tricking yourself healthy taken from my blog.

"
So, you want to get healthy but at the same time.. you're in a deep 3 way relationship with Ben & Jerry. I get it.. I've been there. These tips will help make things easy to break up with B&J and start a new love affair with Kale, the vegetable next door.

1. Dump the cookie dough and book a date with B&J's Sorbet side.

2. Set alarms on your phone to remind you to do something such as grabbing an apple before work.

3. Make your lunch the night before, you're more inclined to make healthier choices if you're not in a rush.

4. Put an extra portion of veggies on your plate. Eat them first.

5. Wear your workout clothes to bed.. now you have no excuse in the morning.

6. Carry a water bottle with you. EVERYWHERE. Fill it with fruity goodness.

7. Freeze your fruit, perfect for a quick smoothie.

8. Add seeds to your meals.

9. Watch some food documentaries on Netflix. I wanted to be Vegan after watching Vegucated.

10. Follow "Fitness" and "Health" interests on Pinterest.

11. Cook all your own meals for a week. That means the food you'll be eating at work too. A pretty lunch box helps.

12. Get to know Kale Make some chips.

13. Soup it up, a great way to your 5 a day.

14. Say ummmm, yumm, ooo after every sip of Green Tea. You may not like it now but, you will.. eventually.

15. Instagram your new found love of health. Join a 30-day hashtag challenge.

Stay salty!

Cinnamon Tan

UK Fitness Blog"

Hope this helps!!
AmateurRocketman
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If you're living with your parents it may not be easy, but if possible try to reduce the amount of calorie-dense high sugar/carbs foods easy to pig out on. Plan your meals, and if you feel the need to snack find something high-fibre to make you feel full without too many calories - while fruit may seem sugary it's mainly fibre and water, so is a decent alternative. I've never used it myself, but I've heard that MyFitnessPal has worked wonders for some people, so long as you're honest to yourself. While losing weight has more to do with diet than exercise, I'd recommend taking up cycling if it's practical for you, to get a bit of burn on there as well - once you've got some fitness you'll be amazed what you can use going up a few hills.
black_mamba
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah I've heard your tastebuds change and you crave healthy foods after a while, why can't that just happen after 24 hours? It would be so much easier lol
Definitely true for me. When I cut down on processed foods my taste buds become far more, I don't know how to describe it, precise? Or maybe it's just the brain's perception of taste.

(Original post by BKS)
It's not hard. It's a matter of habit and priority and the process of changing your thinking initially is the only bit that can be challenging. Any lifestyle change is the same, stopping smoking is challenging but once you get past a certain point you've changed your thinking and it's not that hard.

You need to change your sense of normal eating and have healthier options that spring to mind when you think about what you want to eat which happen with time. You also need to change what thoughts you prioritise. I like cake, a lot, but I want to not be fat and have reasonable teeth enough to not eat several slices a day. At first that's going to take some actual reminding yourself of the not getting fat when you are looking at that bit of cake.
Yeah I find that actually thinking oh if I eat too much cake I will feel rough later - you have to see into the future. I've got a really good article on this, OP should read: http://www.raptitude.com/2013/10/the...lf-discipline/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (73)
30.29%
No (168)
69.71%

Watched Threads