The Student Room Group

a complicated start to a relationship

I've been speaking to this guy for around a month and a half and things seem to be going well. We talk everyday and never run out of things to talk about.

He's really great to me, is always there for me and knows all the right things to say, but i've also heard people saying some really negative things about him, but it's a side I've never experienced.

I've tried to find out these negative things, but people keep telling me they are private and not for me to know, which isn't helping me when it comes to knowing how i truly feel about him when I don't get told everything.

Please help me decide if it's best to carry on speaking to this guy, or whether to cut it off before i get hurt by him (emotionally), because people have warned me i could.

Thank you
Do "you" suspect he is doing anything bad towards you?
Reply 2
Original post by shawn_o1
Do "you" suspect he is doing anything bad towards you?

no I don't, that's why I find it hard to know how to take the news that he's a bad person
Original post by Anonymous
no I don't, that's why I find it hard to know how to take the news that he's a bad person

you have to press those people, who claim he's bad, for explanations
dont press 'the people' ask the lad imself, as a lad with a 'past' many people judge and say things negative, ask him about it and he should tell you whereas if you ask others you may get the wrong impression which is worse than if he just tells you the truth
Reply 5
Everyone has a past, no one can change it, ask him about it and if he is sincere with you why not give him the chance?
Original post by Anonymous
I've been speaking to this guy for around a month and a half and things seem to be going well. We talk everyday and never run out of things to talk about.

He's really great to me, is always there for me and knows all the right things to say, but i've also heard people saying some really negative things about him, but it's a side I've never experienced.

I've tried to find out these negative things, but people keep telling me they are private and not for me to know, which isn't helping me when it comes to knowing how i truly feel about him when I don't get told everything.

Please help me decide if it's best to carry on speaking to this guy, or whether to cut it off before i get hurt by him (emotionally), because people have warned me i could.

Thank you

The people who are saying that the "negative things" about this guy are "private" and not for you to know are either talking rubbish to scare you, jealous or trolling.

If they were really looking out for you, they would have opened up about him and get straight to the point.

There's nothing "private" when they briefly mentioned it to you.

Talk to the guy himself and get him to answer your questions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
At the end of the day it's you who'll be seeing him, decide your own opinion away from rumours and speculations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending