The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Architecture at Bath Univeristy

Hey there,

I'm currently in my final year of the IB course, and I would like to apply to study architecture. I do not study Physics or HL Maths, I do however do HL Design Technology, could I still apply for Architecture and stand a chance in getting accepted?

Reply 1
Do you do maths studies or SL maths? If you do studies then I'd say to look elsewhere because it's pretty much a GCSE. HL DT will strengthen your application, try to get some relevant work experience shadowing a professional. A strong personal statement will help you stand out as well. What are your other highers?

I'm not going to sugar coat it, your subject choices are not ideal, but you can strengthen your application in other ways to give you a fighting chance but most places do go to HL maths students and you must be able to get a 7 in SL. Be prepared for an offer of 38+ if you get one.

Good luck.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Thank you for your advice and suggestions. I do HL Psychology and English Lang. & Lit. Psychology is my plan B. Thank you very much, very helpful. :smile:
Reply 3
Keep in mind architecture is maths based and one of the most demanding degrees. Like engineering with more drawing. You may struggle.

Quick Reply

Latest