The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Uni Accommodation Info MKII (Please post all questions here)

Previous thread here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=81178

Mod Note: This thread is now nearly 10 years old, so some of the information on the first posts might be out of date. If you want up to date information on accommodation at the University of Bristol, here's a link to their website http://bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/
or you can post in the 'ask a current student' thread as well

Putting some FAQs to rest;

There are 5 Catered Halls of Residence at Bristol, and 4 Self Catered.

ACCOMODATION FEES (FOR EACH HALL)

Catered Residences

Stoke Bishop Halls

The following are located in an area called "Stoke Bishop" which is approximately 40mins walk away from the main campus). This is where the majority of Bristol students live.

Wills Hall

University Wills Hall Website
Alternative Prospectus Wills Hall Review

Badock Hall

University Badock Hall Website
Alternative Prospectus Badock Hall Review

Churchill Hall

University Churchill Hall Website
Alternative Prospectus Churchill Hall Review

Hiatt Baker Hall

University Hiatt Baker Hall Website
Alternative Prospectus Hiatt Baker Hall Review

Clifton Halls

There is only one Catered Hall located in the Clifton area. Clifton is about a 10min walk from the main university precinct and is home to the famous Clifton Suspension Bridge!

Clifton Hill House

University Clifton Hill House Website
Alternative Prospectus Clifton Hill House Review
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Self Catered Residences

Stoke Bishop Halls

There are two self catered halls in the Stoke Bishop Area.

Durdham Hall

University Durdham Hall Website
Alternative Prospectus Durdham Hall Review

University Hall

University Hall Website
Alternative Prospectus University Hall Review

Clifton Halls

There are 2 self-catered halls in the Clifton area.

Goldney Hall

University Goldney Hall Website
Alternative Prospectus Goldney Hall Review

Manor Hall

University Manor Hall Website
Alternative Prospectus Manor Hall Review

Student Houses

Due to the lack of spaces not evey student will get into hall. Living in a student house inevitably changes your first year at university, but not necessarily in a bad way. Living in a student house is a much more independent way of life. This infamous realm, 'out of hall' will not ruin your first year. For example, Fry Haldane is a society run specifically for students not living in hall. - Bristol SU

University Student Houses Website
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
Original post by justmichael
it was my second choice, i think it looks fun

It does look like loads of fun, I hope it isn't quiet though.. are you in Unite as well?
Reply 3
Original post by 000alex
Yeah it looks good, decent rooms and loads of stuff in the residence itself to play with which should be fun :P

haha and it's next to the city centre too!
Anyone willing to swap a room at richmond for one at winkworth? If yes pls do contact me, so we can settle the transfers (:
Original post by kararrr
It does look like loads of fun, I hope it isn't quiet though.. are you in Unite as well?

yeah! accepted the offer and everything, i will be sure to make a lot of noise especially for you
Original post by Magawengway
Wow! Well maybe we'll meet in halls :smile:

I got an ensuite at Wills too! :smile:
Reply 7
Anyone in Northwell House??? Not my first choice but it looks nice enough :smile:
Original post by rosiew_
same here, I hope it's not really quiet/boring there??

That's what I'm worried about. You can put on the waiting list to go to another house, there's a form to fill in on the accommodation website. I rang up the office and you can ask to be put into a flat with people of your own age at Winkworth if you can't move elsewhere.
Reply 9
Has anyone that applied before the 31st of July still not received their accommodation offer?
(I haven't and I'm beginning to stress out!!!)
Reply 10
Original post by DampSquid
That's what I'm worried about. You can put on the waiting list to go to another house, there's a form to fill in on the accommodation website. I rang up the office and you can ask to be put into a flat with people of your own age at Winkworth if you can't move elsewhere.

Okay I'll do that. atleast both of us are in the same boat I suppose, what course are you doing?
Reply 11
Original post by justmichael
yeah! accepted the offer and everything, i will be sure to make a lot of noise especially for you

Great I'll probably see you in a month or so then! Hahaha yes we'll either be the life of Unite House, or the death of it
Original post by queenpt
Has anyone that applied before the 31st of July still not received their accommodation offer?
(I haven't and I'm beginning to stress out!!!)

Have you checked the online portal? The one you would have used to apply originally? If not then check that, some people didn't recieve the email but still got offers. Otherwise it might be worth emailing the accomadation office.
Reply 13
Just accepted Churchill for accommodation, are all floors/flats in Churchill hall mixed or do they also have single-sex?
Original post by kararrr
Great I'll probably see you in a month or so then! Hahaha yes we'll either be the life of Unite House, or the death of it

it'd be a strange coincidence if we were in the same flat! it will be the place to be this year either way
Original post by rosiew_
Okay I'll do that. atleast both of us are in the same boat I suppose, what course are you doing?

I suppose so. I'm doing Dentistry, what about you? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by k4l397
Have you checked the online portal? The one you would have used to apply originally? If not then check that, some people didn't recieve the email but still got offers. Otherwise it might be worth emailing the accomadation office.

Haha thank you so much, I just checked. I've been given Favell House which wasn't in my preference list but I'm just happy to get an accommodation offer at this stage so I don't really care!
Original post by PhophieRovers
I got an ensuite at Wills too! :smile:

Congrats! What course you doing?
Original post by queenpt
Haha thank you so much, I just checked. I've been given Favell House which wasn't in my preference list but I'm just happy to get an accommodation offer at this stage so I don't really care!

np, glad you finally got to find out :smile: Sounds like your near to where I am, I got assigned waverly which is another one of the riverside accomadation places. Seems like whenever they don't give people their preferences, they stick them by the river :P Looks a good area though you may be glad to know.
Reply 19
Original post by DampSquid
I suppose so. I'm doing Dentistry, what about you? :smile:

chemical physics 😁 but if it's too much I might ask to switch to chemistry

Quick Reply

Latest