The Student Room Group

Extended Essay

I need feedback for my proposed Extended Essay topic. I have chosen Geography as my subject as I enjoy it and am fairly good at it. I was thinking of a title such as 'How has the rapid depletion of Middle Eastern Oil brought a new industry of luxury living and tourism' or is that too clear ?
I also thought of ' How have the Amazonian natives been affected by gold mining and deforestation'
Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Original post by BigGainsAhead
I need feedback for my proposed Extended Essay topic. I have chosen Geography as my subject as I enjoy it and am fairly good at it. I was thinking of a title such as 'How has the rapid depletion of Middle Eastern Oil brought a new industry of luxury living and tourism' or is that too clear ?
I also thought of ' How have the Amazonian natives been affected by gold mining and deforestation'
Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Both sound pretty good to start with. Revise your first one into "To what extent has the rapid depletion... etc". This way, you turn it into an argument (very important at IB -- not just telling it as it is, like in a traditional expository school essay, but setting up and arguing a point).

Same idea with the second one.

Tell me if this is helpful or useful. Best of luck with your Geo essay :h: !!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Don't forget that you'll also need to collect some primary data to get the best score (conducting interviews with locals involved etc.), so yeah if you're able to do that then these titles are great and super interesting!
Ok, thanks for the help

Quick Reply