?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
... Blank
ValarMorghulis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Of course it's doable, especially seeing as you're so close to an A!

I would also suggest you get a remark, maybe you'll get that B up to an A. (I'm in a similar situation, I was a few marks off an A in my AS French, but my teacher suggested a retake in my French paper rather than getting a remark).

Almost all universities can understand that sometimes great students have bad days, and that AS results don't always show their full capabilities. Have an amazing personal statement and show there how passionate you are about French and I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Also, bear in mind that (as far as I know of), getting a B at AS doesn't give you a higher chance of getting an A* at the end than if you get an A at AS (as you need overall 80% at A Level and 90% at A2 modules, so the level of difficulty is exactly the same).

Good luck with French and A Levels!
frenchetudiant
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by ValarMorghulis)
Of course it's doable, especially seeing as you're so close to an A!

I would also suggest you get a remark, maybe you'll get that B up to an A. (I'm in a similar situation, I was a few marks off an A in my AS French, but my teacher suggested a retake in my French paper rather than getting a remark).

Almost all universities can understand that sometimes great students have bad days, and that AS results don't always show their full capabilities. Have an amazing personal statement and show there how passionate you are about French and I'm sure you'll do just fine.

Also, bear in mind that (as far as I know of), getting a B at AS doesn't give you a higher chance of getting an A* at the end than if you get an A at AS (as you need overall 80% at A Level and 90% at A2 modules, so the level of difficulty is exactly the same).

Good luck with French and A Levels!
Thanks for the reply!

It's really frustrating being so close and just missing out by 1 UMS point!

I appreciate your advice and I'll make sure I demonstrate my intellectual ability and interest for French in my personal statement.

I'll be redoing the paper next year also along with my A2 exam.

Good luck with your French too and the rest of your exams!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (44)
37.29%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (12)
10.17%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.24%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
24.58%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.25%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.47%

Watched Threads