The Student Room Group

Alevel remark advice needed?

I was 2 ums marks away from an A in sociology AS. Is it worth having them remarked, or is it better to leave them and try my best to get As at A2 and bring up the grade that way?
I'm worried they won't go up as I know I did get confused on one of the questions so I'm doubting myself somewhat. Do they usually go up or is it rare? I was getting full marks in practice questions and essays through the year.
Reply 1
Original post by kisaki
I was 2 ums marks away from an A in sociology AS. Is it worth having them remarked, or is it better to leave them and try my best to get As at A2 and bring up the grade that way?
I'm worried they won't go up as I know I did get confused on one of the questions so I'm doubting myself somewhat. Do they usually go up or is it rare? I was getting full marks in practice questions and essays through the year.

It is usually rare to go up but in a subject like sociology where there isn't a fixed answer like the science subjects/ maths then there is a chance of going up. You could also get your paper back and ask a teacher if it could go up.

Quick Reply

Latest