Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A quick tip for p3 watch

Announcements

I have noticed on several p3 markschemes that they have allowed you to find the answers for various questions by trial and error rather than the "orthodox" method and have still given marks for this approach.

So if you really can't get anywhere with a question and have plenty of time left, and the question is doable by trial & improvement, give it a go!

Rosie

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crana)
    I have noticed on several p3 markschemes that they have allowed you to find the answers for various questions by trial and error rather than the "orthodox" method and have still given marks for this approach.

So if you really can't get anywhere with a question and have plenty of time left, and the question is doable by trial & improvement, give it a go!

Rosie
    ALSO

if you have a 'show this' question but you cant get to the last step, just write in the last step

who knows, the marker might be tired and give you the mark! its worth a try!

And another similar one:

if you have to show something integrates or differentiates to something else, and you get stuck, integrating/differentiating what you have to show it goes to can give you clues on how to rearrange it

rosie

When you are asked to calculate a turning point, you should substitute your value for x back into your expression for dy/dx to make sure that it does actually equal 0.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.