The Student Room Group

What would you do?

Myself and my boyfriend of one year recently went on a holiday with his family. The relationship is a long distance one, but thus far, we have encountered very few, in fact, I dare say zero issues. We both live busy lives and the set up we have seems (or seemed to) suit us perfectly. However, whilst on this holiday, I done something I probably shouldn't have. I went looking for pictures of the holiday on his phone and discovered pictures of another males genitals. They had been screen-shotted from the app Grindr (we're both gay). Naturally, my heart sank and adrenaline was pumping through my veins and I insisted we return to the hotel immediately.

Upon returning to the hotel, I confronted him about these pictures and he initially lied that one of his friends had sent them to him, before confessing that on two occasions since Easter this year he has downloaded the Grindr app whilst drunk and went "window shopping". He said he found the long distance thing difficult at times. He assures me that that was all it was and that he did not send any pictures of himself, has not cheated on me nor is he in contact with anyone else. I believe him on this point, but I feel betrayed and inadequate because of it. When he realised how upset I was, he attempted to comfort me for a number of hours by telling me how much I meant to him and that though he was struggling with the distance, he did not, under any circumstances, want to lose me. However, I have suffered with anxiety and depression in the past and the anxiety in particular has reared its ugly head once more. For the past 48 hours I have been seriously contemplating ending the relationship, no matter how difficult I will find it, because I'm not sure I will ever be able to trust him in the same way that I did before.

Is it normal for partners to "window shop" in such a manner; am I overreacting? Am I making a fool of myself by forgiving and trying to move on from it?
I'll bump this for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending