Star Wars or Star Trek?

Watch
Danny McCoyne
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've been trying to convince my friends to give both franchises a whirl, especially Star Wars, since The Force Awakens is coming out soon! And one thing I noticed that is a LOT of people have no idea what the difference is which is absolutely shocking since both have a lot of pop culture references and I thought they were both popular?

For me Star Trek is the better franchise because it's more immersive and it's more scientific.

What about you?

I'm a hardcore trekkie.

Ps. Yes, I'm a black guy who is into Science Fiction...and yes we do exist!
RainbowKiwi
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
May the force be with you.

Live long and prosper.

Man, both are too epic to choose

Love your p.s. btw :rofl:
KingNobleStone
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
trek....Wars is just westerns in space...
Mpagtches
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Star Trek.
There's just so darned much of it ... still haven't got through the Original Series and I've been at it for over a year.

Though Star Wars is cool too though.
Danny McCoyne
Rep:
?
I can't edit the original post for some reason here's visual stimuli that I felt my post lacked on reflection:

Danny McCoyne
Rep:
?
(Original post by KingNobleStone)
trek....Wars is just westerns in space...

Good point, plus the last three movies sucked :lol:
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Star Wars for me :awesome:
k3ro
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
gotta be Wars for me too.
lappy482
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Star Wars. There's tons of stuff besides the films in the Expanded Universe, plus a lightsaber is way better than a phaser
ObinnaOsobalu
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Danny McCoyne)
I can't edit the original post for some reason here's visual stimuli that I felt my post lacked on reflection:

*enters with the Imperial Death March playing in background*...thanks a bunch for this epic illustration...speaks for itself!
AzimH
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
None. Lord of the Rings.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I love both.

Starwars narrowly wins though. Bar the whole Jedi/Sith i think it's a more realistic universe than the more utopian StarTrek.
Fleming1928
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Star Wars

Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm obviously going to have to go for Star Trek

Never liked Star Wars whatsoever tbh. I could never get into it and just didn't find it that enjoyable.

Stargate wins out of them all though.
Posted from TSR Mobile
vkjames84
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For me it would have to be Star Trek because there so much not just films theres also tv shows, films, 1 animated tv show, an epic online game called Star Trek Online which i love.
Star Trek multi cultral, its not sexist, there's femal captains (Janeway <3) There's LGBT characters <3
United Federation of Planets are explorers they don't go out looking for trouble. They protect people and they don't run around with swords that glow (Lightsabers)

Saying that though i did enjoy the orignal trilogy before it went **** with the prequals and the latest films.
icequeenTM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Star Trekkkkkkk
username3779026
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Devoted Star Wars fan but my parents and siblings are Trekkies, funnily enough (however I'm in the process of converting my sister!) 😁
Turtle01
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Danny McCoyne)
I've been trying to convince my friends to give both franchises a whirl, especially Star Wars, since The Force Awakens is coming out soon! And one thing I noticed that is a LOT of people have no idea what the difference is which is absolutely shocking since both have a lot of pop culture references and I thought they were both popular?

For me Star Trek is the better franchise because it's more immersive and it's more scientific.

What about you?

I'm a hardcore trekkie.

Ps. Yes, I'm a black guy who is into Science Fiction...and yes we do exist!
Both both both!!! I have been watching so much Star Trek TOS recently but I also love the (good) Star Wars movies. I totally think you can love both. They're both creative in their own way, and Star Trek in particular is very comforting
LovelyMrFox
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Turtle01)
Both both both!!! I have been watching so much Star Trek TOS recently but I also love the (good) Star Wars movies. I totally think you can love both. They're both creative in their own way, and Star Trek in particular is very comforting
4 year old thread, check the dates.
Lyndsey.95
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Neither lmao.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (112)
13.86%
I'm not sure (36)
4.46%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (246)
30.45%
I have already dropped out (20)
2.48%
I'm not a current university student (394)
48.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed