The Student Room Group

Would you take £1m now or £10m in 10 years?

You can only take one or the other.

Personally I would probably wait 10 years.

Scroll to see replies

Given current levels of inflation, the £10m in 10 years.
Now just sign on the dotted line ... thanks very much :smile:
Reply 2
I would wait for the £10 million.
1m now, who knows if I'll still be here in 10 years
I think I'd rather go for the 1 mil now. Pay of my student loans. buy a couple of things that I want, some to charity, then invest the rest.
Reply 5
Original post by ESutcliffe0
I think I'd rather go for the 1 mil now. Pay of my student loans. buy a couple of things that I want, some to charity, then invest the rest.

Even with the best interest rates, property price boom you probably won't be able to turn £1m into £10m in 10 years. And not mentioning high return investments are risky.
Probably take the £1m now - it's still an awful lot of money, more than what I'd need - so I'd buy myself a house, pay off my student loans, and save the rest. Since I plan on getting a job in the future, the money I get off that will cover me so the excess money would be saved and taken out when needed.
£1 million now 'cause I kinda need/want it. :/
Original post by hihihihihi
Even with the best interest rates, property price boom you probably won't be able to turn £1m into £10m in 10 years. And not mentioning high return investments are risky.

But so long as I have a good career under my belt and a steady income it doesn't matter how much I have by the end of it to lead a happy life.
Obviously the £10 million. Would come in perfect time for getting towards the end of my training and settling down.
Reply 10
I would take to 10 mil so that could afford to live comfortably* in a nice area of London like Richmond or Barnes. :h: Can't even afford a 2 bed there without breaking 1 million.
(edited 8 years ago)
10million in 10 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Take 1M now. I could be dead and buried in 10 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Although I appreciate waiting is generally the better option. I'd take the 1M now, I don't know if my mum will still be here in ten years. So I'd snap up the 1M so I could get her a house (she hates the current house) and give her the rest of the money to live on until she passes.
1m now
well is more logical to take the 1m now as anything can happen between now and 10 years on. If you smart enough you could make your own business and get 10million depending on how successful it is.
The people that would wait 10 years should probably be the younger people as me(16) in 10 years id be 26 and probably at uni or working...so yeah if you get my drift...
Original post by SophieSmall
Although I appreciate waiting is generally the better option. I'd take the 1M now, I don't know if my mum will still be here in ten years. So I'd snap up the 1M so I could get her a house (she hates the current house) and give her the rest of the money to live on until she passes.

That's so sad
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
That's so sad

Yeah well, **** happens. You deal.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
That's so sad

So shes basically saying that she will give her mum all the money? I don't get it :/
Original post by Orlando225
So shes basically saying that she will give her mum all the money? I don't get it :/

She said her mum might not be alive in 10 years. Which is sad.

Considering that both my parents and people I care about most will still be here in 10 years (hopefully, you never know) I'd wait for the 10m. I think if I was given 1million now I would be at risk of being lazy and never getting a job or anything :/ Having said that though I would essentially be free to do post grad in whatever the **** I wanted which would be good.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest