Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

burn waterland burn watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    i hate you Graham Swift!!! you are evil! oh and so is the AQA

go get the matches...

ReputationRep:
    i may have to....mrs t will kill me for doing it, she loves the book...but honestly...it has a whole chapter on silt, and a whole chapter on eels....

ReputationRep:
    I had to do a question on monday on Waterland!
    What question did you chose? I did the relationship between father and son in the book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by priya)
    i hate you Graham Swift!!! you are evil! oh and so is the AQA
    Waterland is a fantastic book, although the dredger ending was a little disappointing.

ReputationRep:
    I love Waterland...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by d750)
    Waterland is a fantastic book, although the dredger ending was a little disappointing.
    To be perfectly honest it didn't surprise me that **** killed himself in the end:rolleyes:

If it wasn't in a non-linear narrative I would have understood it alot better! lol, mind you i think the whole point of that was to prove history goes backwards as it goes forwards- takes detours etc...and that he had to make sense of his history before he could make sense of his present. Also because history one of the most central themes of the book:rolleyes:

My favourite chapter has got to be the first one as by the end of the chapter it did make me want to read more, but it was all down hill from then, lol

(Original post by priya)
    i may have to....mrs t will kill me for doing it, she loves the book...but honestly...it has a whole chapter on silt, and a whole chapter on eels....
    lol

mrs t would never know...never!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.