Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    do we have a name? I've got the list of new medics.
    rebecca fox

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigcnee)
    No way! The Cambridge students would out-wit the Oxford students.
    i reckon oxford students would be harder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edders)
    rebecca fox
    she's not on the list. Sure its med?

ReputationRep:
    No way! The Cambridge students would out-wit the Oxford students.
    like intellect really matters in a mass brawl!

ReputationRep:
    i reckon oxford students would be harder
    Maybe, but the Cambridge students would be better organised/ more tactically aware.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe, but the Cambridge students would be better organised/ more tactically aware.
    and the oxford students would have an inferiority complex

ReputationRep:
    she's not on the list. Sure its med?
    ah **** no it isnt sorry she was going to apply for med. shes doing natsci i remember :eek:
    all the way through school she said she wanted to be a doctor, naturally impressing the teachers of course, then she changed her mind at the last minute! some might call it manipulative...

ReputationRep:
    and the oxford students would have an inferiority complex
    haha.

ReputationRep:
    nah they dont know anything about tactics. look, they still lose the boat race despite bringing in foreign mercenaries!!

ReputationRep:
    euhm...

Cambridge - 77

Oxford - 71

ja.

ReputationRep:
    euhm...

Cambridge - 77

Oxford - 71

ja.
    wins is that? bah they have always imported like olympic athletes to buck up their team, oxford boaties are genuine all-english heroes!

ReputationRep:
    wins is that? bah they have always imported like olympic athletes to buck up their team, oxford boaties are genuine all-english heroes!
    Don't criticise Cambrdge's superior cultural diversity.

ReputationRep:
    ah **** no it isnt sorry she was going to apply for med. shes doing natsci i remember :eek:
    all the way through school she said she wanted to be a doctor, naturally impressing the teachers of course, then she changed her mind at the last minute! some might call it manipulative...
    lol, i'll look out for here, as long as I'm still here.

ReputationRep:
    lol thats it try and shroud your trickery in PC language

wasn't talking 'bout u. What subject are you doing this year?
    Path - virology and some other thing (cellular processes or somat) o and biotechnologies.
    sweeeet
    J

(Original post by tagzt)
    like intellect really matters in a mass brawl!
    I remember the corpus cambridge vs corpus oxford. They beat us because they twinned up with another college.
    muppets
    J

to be honest we're both as bad as each other when it comes to dumbass jocks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    AHHH you're at it again! What are you chatting about!!! Caius has more applications for medicine than Corpus and Pembroke put together! Cauis is the medical college. It has 28 medics on average per year, compared with the second highest - Johns which has about 13 per year!
    Jamie
    Oh for goodness sake. The 2003-2004 prospectus shows that Caius has slightly lower than average applications whereas Corpus and Pembroke have higher than average. It has been discussed and understood all over the place that these figures (being the average over 1999-2001) are of limited use. However, if the university still sees fit to publish them, they obviously think they will be worth considering.

I'll now leave the rest of you to your petty and childish argument.

Cambridge are better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Haz)
    Oh for goodness sake. The 2003-2004 prospectus shows that Caius has slightly lower than average applications whereas Corpus and Pembroke have higher than average. It has been discussed and understood all over the place that these figures (being the average over 1999-2001) are of limited use. However, if the university still sees fit to publish them, they obviously think they will be worth considering.

I'll now leave the rest of you to your petty and childish argument.

Cambridge are better.
    Its an application/places ratio. Caius is, as J says, the medical college - its seems everyone is from there.

Its an application/places ratio. Caius is, as J says, the medical college - its seems everyone is from there.
    ok haz, ill put this into context...Corpus has 4 medic places. about 1/3 of interviewed candidates are offered places...that means there are about 12-16 people that get interviews. 99% of all applicants get interviews, hence roughly 13-17 people apply to corpus for medicine per year.
    This compares with 130ish to caius
    Now, if 1 more person than normal applied to corpus - or if corpus took extra one year, then the figures would go loopy.
    It would hardly dent the caius numbers

Thats why those tables are so crummy (not least cos of the fact that everyone avoids the orange places and goes for the blue...)

Jamie

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.