The Student Room Group

13% of UK population were born abroad - Net migration up 300k in ONE year?

UK should eventually be a great place to live!

Why are so many people attracted to the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bill_Gates

They are unitedkingdomsexual.
Reply 2
Original post by G8D
Grim prospect.

i know it's going to take a while for many more to come. But if we're patient things will get better as more come.
Reply 3
Original post by G8D
Yes, certainly we need more...

Our country is dependent on migrant labour. Migrants are very entrepreneurial!
Reply 4
As long as those 300k people are all hot Swedish Kate-upton look-alike sexually liberated models, cheerleaders and beach volleyball players then its all good! \:smile:/
Reply 5
Original post by G8D
They certainly find innovative (yet often aggressive) ways of entering the UK.

European migrants who are the majority merely jump on an easy jet flight? as it's legal. Maybe we should subsidise the flights?
Reply 6
Original post by noobynoo
As long as those 300k people are all hot Swedish Kate-upton look-alike sexually liberated models, cheerleaders and beach volleyball players then its all good! \:smile:/

My friend Romanian girls are incredible compared to what we have here.
Reply 7
It is worrying, mass immigration on this scale doesn't help anyone. I'd say the EU really doesn't help either but then the non-EU immigration levels (aka the ones the government CAN limit) are actually higher than within the EU!
Reply 8
My friend Romanian girls are incredible compared to what we have here.

You're right! I mean phwoooaaaar!!! Look at these romanian babes! Gives Kate Upton a run for her money I can tell you!

Reply 9
You're right! I mean phwoooaaaar!!! Look at these romanian babes! Gives Kate Upton a run for her money I can tell you!

right yes every ethnicity is UNIVERSALLY beautiful. :colonhash:

Sure if we had some pics of your gran up here we wouldn't be blown away.
Original post by ekmad
It is worrying, mass immigration on this scale doesn't help anyone. I'd say the EU really doesn't help either but then the non-EU immigration levels (aka the ones the government CAN limit) are actually higher than within the EU!

we need migration not less! it is always beneficial.
Here's a photo of my gran:

Here's a photo of my gran:

LOL she's quite a dab hand at photoshop for her age.
we need migration not less! it is always beneficial.

Please explain? All I see it does is cause supply problems in local governance, congestion and generally negative effects from a population expanding too fast. There are also loads of other obvious problems, but as soon as you point them out you instantly get called out as a racist.

I guess it helps with an ageing population as many migrants coming over are younger, willing to work much harder and also willing to do the jobs no one else wants to do.

People are attracted to the UK simply because whether it's per capita or nominal GDP, we are one of the 15% wealthiest countries in the world.

Glad EU migration increased, non-EU not so much (too many spouses, Muslims and Africans).
Original post by aliman65
Please explain? All I see it does is cause supply problems in local governance, congestion and generally negative effects from a population expanding too fast. There are also loads of other obvious problems, but as soon as you point them out you instantly get called out as a racist.

I guess it helps with an ageing population as many migrants coming over are younger, willing to work much harder and also willing to do the jobs no one else wants to do.

during a recession people generally have to blame someone for the decline. It should of been the bankers but the media works for the bankers so it was the migrants.

Migrants only ADD to this country and have helped it's development. If we want to avoid a Japan style 10 year recession we need MORE migrants here! It will increase the tax base, keep property prices up, keep inflation down and improve entrepreneurial-ism.
Original post by Rakas21
People are attracted to the UK simply because whether it's per capita or nominal GDP, we are one of the 15% wealthiest countries in the world.

Glad EU migration increased, non-EU not so much (too many spouses, Muslims and Africans).

We need ALL migration. Need more from India, China as they will be having a larger % of global GDP. It's two markets we can't afford to ignore.
Original post by ekmad

+1
I feel sorry for people who voted Conservatives because they promised to reduce immigration. Mugs.
We need ALL migration. Need more from India, China as they will be having a larger % of global GDP. It's two markets we can't afford to ignore.

I'm not sure keeping their immigration down is ignoring their markets.

Though i would encourage immigration from the Tigers and Japan. Chinese immigrants would have a back door route via Hong Kong and Macau.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending