How can we encourage more migrants to the UK?

Watch
Bill_Gates
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago

We are still running a deficit we need to maximise our tax revenue so the only logical way is to increase migration to the UK!

Our most diversified cities are our most prosperous!

Should we be making the migration process easier?
noobynoo
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Nice try.
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by noobynoo)
Nice try.
Maybe offering grants for setting up businesses which can employ the many unemployed we have here?
noobynoo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Bill_Gates)
Maybe offering grants for setting up businesses which can employ the many unemployed we have here?

I think we should give them free houses and benefits. And also, because our own population doesn't have enough babies we should encourage them to have 5 children each.
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
I think we should give them free houses and benefits. And also, because our own population doesn't have enough babies we should encourage them to have 5 children each.
Migrants are very hard working! they will work harder and produce more!

What more do we want? We have to compete with all other countries globally!
noobynoo
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Migrants are very hard working! they will work harder and produce more!

What more do we want? We have to compete with all other countries globally!
I agree! I think we should encourage them to live here by building a second channel tunnel where they can walk into Britain and not get in the way of the train.

Also, when they get to the other side we should give them a complimentary iPod and a fruit basket.
driftawaay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i honestly never know when you are serious and when you are trolling. its so confusing
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
I agree! I think we should encourage them to live here by building a second channel tunnel where they can walk into Britain and not get in the way of the train.

Also, when they get to the other side we should give them a complimentary iPod and a fruit basket.
But the majority come on planes from the EU? but suppose we can build a tunnel AND subsidise their air travel.
Bubzeh
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Top effort. Put this in chat and you'd get alot of heat.
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bubzeh)
Top effort. Put this in chat and you'd get alot of heat.
things will only heat up if we get at least 900k migrants to the UK and 51% foreign born. That's the only way the UKs economy will be saved.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago

We are still running a deficit we need to maximise our tax revenue so the only logical way is to increase migration to the UK!

Our most diversified cities are our most prosperous!

Should we be making the migration process easier?
Only London really backs that point, Birmingham is a far worse place to live than Manchester, Bristol, Nottingham ect.. Hell, Bradford's awful.

Though as i'm fine with more migration i'd do the following..

-No more asylum seekers except special circumstances (informants in Afghanistan ect..)
-No more spousal immigration

-Allow those from non-EU nations with a GDP per capita above $30k to purchase citizenship for £10k subject to proof of no criminal record, GCSE standard English and Maths
Bill_Gates
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rakas21)
Only London really backs that point, Birmingham is a far worse place to live than Manchester, Bristol, Nottingham ect.. Hell, Bradford's awful.

Though as i'm fine with more migration i'd do the following..

-No more asylum seekers except special circumstances (informants in Afghanistan ect..)
-No more spousal immigration

-Allow those from non-EU nations with a GDP per capita above $30k to purchase citizenship for £10k subject to proof of no criminal record, GCSE standard English and Maths
What do you mean Birminghams far worse? what type of evidence is that?

I'm from Birmingham it's lovely!
LiamDunne98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
lol
Mr JB
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Only a moron or a person with more money than sense would start up a business in the UK in today's economic climate. In today's globalised economy with the internet available, who in their right mind is going to launch a business in the UK with high labour costs, high energy costs, lots of EU and national red tape plus endless bureaucracy, ridiculous economy damaging health and safety legislation and high taxation? On top of that, you have a country full of lazy white entitled British chavs popping out children like cans from a vending machine who would rather complain and put in a claim that they hurt their back on your premises than get on with the job at hand. Quite frankly, I'd rather start up abroad, as I have done, for the opposite of all the reasons outlined above.
ManiWembley
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think they should just focus on letting more muslims in and throw all the Darrens and Traceys in to the sea.
flamboy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
by keeping the current policy/arrangements - they are like magnets to these ****ing immigrants (no offence to any individual immigrant - I don't blame them- I blame the system)
we are obviously a far softer touch than every other country in the EU - that's why they swarm over here
HollyB_C
Badges: 15
Report 5 years ago
Strong bait :lol:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (55)
17.13%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.35%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (120)
37.38%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.71%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.43%

Watched Threads