The Student Room Group

Back on Dianette/the pill, should I skip the break? (For acne)

I've been back on the pill Dianette for a month after breaking out really badly in cystic acne when I came off the pill in January after being on Dianette for 3 years. I was going to go on a different pill (because of the risks) but my Doctor wasn't opposed.

Anyway, I'm wondering whether I should skip the break?? I really want my skin cleared up as fast as possible. I never skipped the break when I was on it last time, but I've read how you can as it's an artificial period anyway.

It's not as bad as it was but it's still really affecting my confidence and self-esteem. My skin was never this bad before going on the pill, it's spread to places like my cheeks and neck.

I am also currently taking Lymecycline tablets which I was prescribed after going off the pill. I'm wondering whether to stop taking these incase it affects the pill? Been on them for around 4 months. Also been using Benzoyl Peroxide which helps a bit.

Anyone who's had experiences with going back on the pill after acne coming back I would be very happy to hear your opinion!
Reply 1
Anyone? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest