The Student Room Group

Repeating 4 Modules, Is ABB grades possible?!

Hey. So my AS results came in and I am shocked.

English Language - B
Economics - D
Irish - D
Maths - E

I intend to drop Maths A-Level as I feel I am not comfortable and not up to standard. My Irish grade was a shock because my spoken Irish is fantastic yet the written/translating/reading/writing exam pulled me down to an D. For economics and English I feel I didn't work hard enough.

My Aspirations are to get ABB / AAB for university.

Providing I make a lifestyle change, work very hard (20 hrs a week study), make plenty of sacrifices do you feel that it's possible. I intend to repeat all modules above excluding the english coursework and the spoken irish exam which I both received an A in.

Thanks.
Original post by ChrisLH98
Hey. So my AS results came in and I am shocked.

English Language - B
Economics - D
Irish - D
Maths - E

I intend to drop Maths A-Level as I feel I am not comfortable and not up to standard. My Irish grade was a shock because my spoken Irish is fantastic yet the written/translating/reading/writing exam pulled me down to an D. For economics and English I feel I didn't work hard enough.

My Aspirations are to get ABB / AAB for university.

Providing I make a lifestyle change, work very hard (20 hrs a week study), make plenty of sacrifices do you feel that it's possible. I intend to repeat all modules above excluding the english coursework and the spoken irish exam which I both received an A in.

Thanks.

Hi there,

Firstly, what modules did you not do so well in, in each subject?? If you only had one "poor" module in each subject, bringing the grade down, then it'd definitely be worth re-sitting the modules in question, and yes you'd definitely be able to pull your grades up, assuming that you do well in your re-sits and your A2s.

However, if the vast majority of the modules turned out to be low grades, then re-sitting everything would add heaps of workload on to your exam season next year (if exams are taken) and your best bet would probably be to retake year 12 with the same subjects (if possible).

Hope everything goes well for you in the end - and hope I've helped!
Are you doing CCEA?
In year 14, I did 16 exams, 6 of which were repeats. It's hard work but is definitely something you can do if you are dedicated to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending