The Student Room Group

My girlfriend wears to much make up and takes 3 hours to get ready?

The amount of make up on her face is ridiculous. She also takes min 3 hours to get ready. Should i tell her straight, that she wears too much. I dont want to offend her but her room is literally filled with empty foundation bottles.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just tell her you don't like too much makeup, and she looks better with less and compliment her natural beauty+ all that crap. She'll love it. Don't know what to say about the 3 hours to get ready...I'm pretty shocked tbh. I take 10 mins at most, and don't even look in a mirror before I walk out the door. :redface: Maybe just say that you could be spending more time with her if she takes less time??
Original post by Bahrain95
The amount of make up on her face is ridiculous. She also takes min 3 hours to get ready. Should i tell her straight, that she wears too much. I dont want to offend her but her room is literally filled with empty foundation bottles.

I don't think it's really your place to tell her she takes too long to get ready and wears too much makeup. She can wear as much makeup as she wants and take as long to get ready as she wants. If you really want to say something then think of a way to phrase it that doesn't sound like you're being rude.
You could tell her she is beautiful and doesn't need to wear so much makeup? :smile:
Tell her you never signed up to date Pennywise. Should go down a treat.
Original post by arfah
Just tell her you don't like too much makeup, and she looks better with less and compliment her natural beauty+ all that crap. She'll love it. Don't know what to say about the 3 hours to get ready...I'm pretty shocked tbh. I take 10 mins at most, and don't even look in a mirror before I walk out the door. :redface: Maybe just say that you could be spending more time with her if she takes less time??

I'm with you on the 10mins, personally I'd rather have more time to sleep then rush to get ready :dance:
Original post by So Instinct

\m/

OP: she leaves empty foundation bottles in your house? Tell her to clear that **** out.
She takes 3 hours to get ready? Tell her when you're leaving 4 hours in advance, and if she's not ready by that time then leave without her.

Harsh, but hopefully she'll get her **** together.
show us a pic, 3 hours is long enough to forge a masterpiece
Original post by Drunk Punx

\m/

OP: she leaves empty foundation bottles in your house? Tell her to clear that **** out.
She takes 3 hours to get ready? Tell her when you're leaving 4 hours in advance, and if she's not ready by that time then leave without her.

Harsh, but hopefully she'll get her **** together.

Doesn't tickle my fancy I'm afraid, perhaps when I was 16 it would have.

Though similar to the clown it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Drunk Punx

\m/

:headbang:

Perhaps OP should offer to go with her to her GP about her self-confidence issues? :dontknow:
Original post by So Instinct

:grin: This. Do this.
Original post by Florality
I don't think it's really your place to tell her she takes too long to get ready and wears too much makeup. She can wear as much makeup as she wants and take as long to get ready as she wants. If you really want to say something then think of a way to phrase it that doesn't sound like you're being rude.

Good friends (and that includes people in relationships) tell each other when they're acting like self-centred idiots.

Tell her to stop being so vain, OP. It's not healthy.
Original post by StrangeBanana
Good friends (and that includes people in relationships) tell each other when they're acting like self-centred idiots.

Tell her to stop being so vain, OP. It's not healthy.

I don't think it's very fair to call someone a "vain self-centered idiot" (your words not mine) before you've even met them. Maybe she has issues with self-esteem, and all she needs is someone she cares about to help her realize she doesn't need all that.
OP, just gently tell her what you think. If you think she's beautiful and doesn't need so much makeup, tell her that.
Tell her you dont want to go out with a girl that hides herself and bathes in make up. Men look for natural beauty after all.
Original post by halfhearted
I don't think it's very fair to call someone a "vain self-centered idiot" (your words not mine) before you've even met them. Maybe she has issues with self-esteem, and all she needs is someone she cares about to help her realize she doesn't need all that.
OP, just gently tell her what you think. If you think she's beautiful and doesn't need so much makeup, tell her that.

I haven't said she's a vain self-centred idiot. I've said she's acting like one, and from the information given to us by OP, she is. If she has serious self-esteem issues, she should see a therapist. Either way, she and OP should have a serious discussion about it, because clearly the present state of affairs is ridiculous.
Reply 15
Original post by kandykissesxox
I'm with you on the 10mins, personally I'd rather have more time to sleep then rush to get ready :dance:

Ikr! You can still look human if you use your time wisely too! :woo:
Original post by StrangeBanana
I haven't said she's a vain self-centred idiot. I've said she's acting like one, and from the information given to us by OP, she is. If she has serious self-esteem issues, she should see a therapist. Either way, she and OP should have a serious discussion about it, because clearly the present state of affairs is ridiculous.

Ok, I get what you're saying, I agree the situation is pretty ridiculous, but there's just a more delicate way of saying things, and I think that what you said would be a stupid way of going about telling her how he felt.
Original post by halfhearted
Ok, I get what you're saying, I agree the situation is pretty ridiculous, but there's just a more delicate way of saying things, and I think that what you said would be a stupid way of going about telling her how he felt.

Well, it depends on the person. Some people react well to being told things straight, some people don't.
Just tell her you think she looks better with less, and compliment her, etc.

If she continues to wear the amount that she wears, I guess it's just her own personal preference, and that's something you just can't change.

So either accept or start looking for a new gf?
I don't really see what the problem is. It's her choice how long she takes to get ready and how much makeup she wears.

Sure you can mention it to her, but if she doesn't want to change what she's doing why force her?

Wearing that much makeup probably makes her happy, and she might enjoy taking a long time to get ready.

Is she forcing you to wear the makeup? No.

Are you really that shallow that you'll break up with her for wearing too much makeup?

Quick Reply

Latest