The Student Room Group

Is this enough for med?

Hey so I have 8A*s at IGCSE and 4As at AS. I haven't taken the UKCAT yet. But since I only had 8 subjects at IGCSE, will it lower my chances at Queen Mary/King's/Birmingham/St.Georges?

i have enough work experience I believe, and am going to get even more. I'm an international apllicant btw. thanks so much for your time.
BUMP :smile:
Original post by TheMadHatteress
Hey so I have 8A*s at IGCSE and 4As at AS. I haven't taken the UKCAT yet. But since I only had 8 subjects at IGCSE, will it lower my chances at Queen Mary/King's/Birmingham/St.Georges?

i have enough work experience I believe, and am going to get even more. I'm an international apllicant btw. thanks so much for your time.

Your grades are fantastic so you should be okay for most of those universities. :biggrin: I know that at least King's operates a UKCAT cut-off so you need to know your UKCAT score before deciding whether to apply there. If your score is average-ish then you might be better off applying to universities that place a lot of emphasis on GCSE grades, which would be a safe bet for you since you've got straight A*s.

However, you may want to check the universities' websites for advice specific to international students as I think it's somewhat different to the application process for Home/EU students and there's a government cap on how many international students universities can admit in any one year.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
Your grades are fantastic so you should be okay for most of those universities. :biggrin: I know that at least King's operates a UKCAT cut-off so you need to know your UKCAT score before deciding whether to apply there. If your score is average-ish then you might be better off applying to universities that place a lot of emphasis on GCSE grades, which would be a safe bet for you since you've got straight A*s.

However, you may want to check the universities' websites for advice specific to international students as I think it's somewhat different to the application process for Home/EU students and the there's a government cap on how many international students universities can admit in any one year.

Thank you so much :smile:

Quick Reply